Friday, January 22, 2010

Friday Love

As it may have been mentioned before.....we love cookies. Now I am a chocolate lover....and usually don't waste my time on making non-chocolate involved cookies....but these are very very worth it. Crispy on the outside, soft in the middle......cinnamony goodness.


Snickerdoodles (from Martha Stewart's Cookie Book)

2 3/4 c flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1 cup butter (martha calls for unsalted.....I like salted)
1 1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
------
2T sugar
2 t cinnamon

1. Oven to 350°. Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a bowl. Mix butter and 1 1/2 c sugar on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs. Reduce speed to low, gradually mix in flour mixture.
2. Stir together cinnamon and 2T sugar. Shape dough into 20 1 3/4" balls (I actually like smaller cookies so I can eat more:). Roll in cinnamon and sugar. Space 3" apart on cookie sheet lined with parchment.
3. Bake 12-15 minutes until edges are golden, rotating halfway through. Cool on wire racks.
4. Eat.


I love the birds that are always outside my window.....it makes me think that spring may be coming soon.....at least I like to pretend.

I looooove these photos from last fall's Toast catalogue......they make winter seem beautifully cold, and almost.... ok.


It's me!! 1985. Where has the time gone?? Next week I celebrate the big 2-7 (gulp!)
I love that the party is starting.....tonight! Birthday weekend!

We love this song. They ruined it with the lame video, so today you're just getting the song. We listen to this every morning on the way up to preschool--it's my kids' favorite!



Happy Weekend!!!

What did you love about this week???

16 comments:

Bianca said...

All your cookies and cakes always tempt me so bad!! I'm off to the kitchen to bake - again :D And I hope you have an awesome birthday week. Live it up!!

lorelie said...

I LOVE Snickerdoodles!! I haven't had them in years. I'm trying to figure out how I can make successful cookies without eggs - my Lily is allergic. That has kept me from baking as much as I would like...bummer!

Have a wonderfully happy birthday weekend, that bleeds right into next week!!

Shannon said...

Mmm snickerdoodles. I don't have a good recipe for them, so I will have to try this one. Today we are baking cupcakes. Some to eat, some to share.

Can you believe we are turning 27??? That sounds very adultish and grown up. Have a fun birthday weekend!!!
PS-We are not going to be able to make it on Monday. SO sorry. :(

Nellie and Jason said...

i love that song!! Have you listened to The Format before? I think it's the same band, just a different name. They came and played up at USU in Logan a few years ago and I fell in love. love love love it.

the crew said...

those snickerdoodles look delightful- I didn't like snickerdoodles growing up due to their lack of chocolate! But have rediscovered their goodness recently- so perhaps we'll have to give that recipe a shot to warm up this dreary weekend.

Have some fantastic birthday celebrating!

banananutmeg said...

I love that it hit 60* on Tuesday and we spent the entire day outside.

Unknown said...

i had to bookmark this... for the cookie recipe!
love that toast, too :)

Shar said...

Those cookies look yummy.

I love when my baby smacks his lips when he's ready to eat.

Grace said...

Things I loved about this week?
Rediscovering old passions and experienced unexpected successes.
:]

I just recently stumbled across your blog and fell in love with your beautiful family, inspiring positivity, and lovely photography.
Happy Birthday in advance!
:D

<3 Grace.

Marie said...

No cream of tarter and they are still delicious? I'm going to have to try these. Yummy!

gram said...

for Lorelie.. from Shee's gram.. most cookies can be made without the egg.. if your 'little one' can tolerate 'mayo', (not Miracle Whip) just add a glop of that instead.

gram said...

.. and a Happy Birthday to my 'first of five!' .. I remember that night like it was yesterday! love from gram...

Jill K said...

I just wrote down your recipe and now I'm headed to the kitchen. Well not NOW. I need to comment on all your thingies in this post.

Birds. Yes. Winter. No thanks.

Happy Birthday! I turn 27 this year too! Yucky. For me. You make it look good.

Love the song! At first I was like, "What the Format?" And then I had to do a little google research and realized it's more like "What the little bit of Format?"

Okay NOW I'm off to make Snickerdoodles. Thanks for the recipe!

A Beautiful Life said...

I'm going to try those snickerdoodles...i printed out the recipe..but perhaps I will wait because if I make them, then I'll eat them, and I'm trying to become a rock hard piece of hotness before my hubby returns from his deployment and I can never eat just one. I like winter for the clothes, I like jeans and I like boots and jackets and such...your pic is so cute it looks like a mix of both of your kids, and your hair was straight or at least the bangs, when did your hair start going curly? Have a fantabulous bday weekend, and don't say 27 is old, or that makes my 31 yrs on this planet seem ancient..;-)

Anonymous said...

i love that you are a cool mom. seriously, that song, on the way to preschool-AWESOME!

Meg said...

Your hair was so straight!