Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Luke......I am your.....mother.

I present to you:
Luke Skywalker
via Hanes Her Way
in 5 minutes. 

REALLY! 

Easiest costume ever, and quite possibly the happiest moment of my little Jedi's life was the moment he slipped it on and transformed into character.
lukeskywalker
And BONUS: No sewing needed. 
I mean....I guess you could hem it if you really wanted to. 
But I am lazy time efficient in a rush, and the boy didn't care.
jedi1
Cut a small v-neck into the shirt. 
Continue one of the cuts across the shirt (about 2/3 of the way) to start the tunic shape.
Cut the sleeves. I kept them longish-I liked how they looked rolled.
jedi2
Cut straight down and out the bottom.
jedi3
Wrap your "tunic" around your jedi and belt it. 
I put a safety pin in it, because I know he will be light-sabering everything in sight. 
The boy already had white baseball pants, which made it extra easy-but I'm sure you can find white sweats just about anywhere.
I got the belt at a thrift store for $1 and trimmed it up/made a new hole so it would fit.
Made a small envelope style pouch with felt, hot glue, and a metal button.
Borrowed sister's boots.
And if your little guy is asking to be Luke Skywalker for Halloween.....chances are he already has his very own light saber. 

VWALLA!!!! 

Luke Skywalker.
jedijonah1 copy

The girl is dressing up as a pig (still working on it), but it is also suuuuuuper easy. 
Pink clothing + a stuffed shirt + felt.

See last year's Frankenstein and Skunk here.

Happy Halloweening!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

love love love!!!

Hannah Nicole said...

I love this so much! all of my costumes were homemade, and so much better because of that. :) can't wait to see your little pig! :)

Anonymous said...

Great job! I'm working on Max from Where the Wild Things Are. Ugh, sewing required! LOL

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

You always do adorable homemade costumes. Makes me want to throw Layla's cheap/ tacky Minnie mouse costume out the window.

Sanda Vuckovic Pagaimo said...

My boy want to be Darth Vader so I can dress as Luke to match :-)

tanalicious said...

hahahah!!! excellent smithers.. it turned out great!

Unknown said...

Adorable!!!

kassidi bridge said...

love it!

Anonymous said...

awesome!

Kayla said...

so freaking adorable. my brother is actually home sick today and he's sitting on the couch right next to me right this second watching Star Wars episode 1 but he just finished the one with Luke.

melissa said...

i'm pretty sure you used star wars font for that "what you need" photo. nice touch.

Rachael said...

That is adorable!! And I love how easy it is to make!
I still remember one year when my Mom made my costume. I was a unicorn. I loved it. Homemade costumes are the best!

Darcy said...

Love it! My little man loves Star Wars too, but his is in the form of all things Darth Vader. In fact, his Star Wars birthday party somehow morphed into just a Darth Vader party, all black and red. gavinparkerpics.blogspot.com for pictures.

But seriously, Sheena, that is a great looking Jedi costume, especially for just a few bucks and no-sew (I'm a no-sew type too).

On a side note: my husband comes from a huge Star Wars family and wanted to name our son Luke with the middle name of Skye so that when paired with our last name of Parker it would almost sound like.....you know who.

Ok, I'm done now :-)

Kimmie said...

You are so talented!! LOVE the costume...it is PERFECT and I love your little guys hair. I wish my boys hair was conducive to growing it out longer like that, but he doesn't have the right texture to it.

BTW...LOVE the Frankenstein costume from last year. You are SO fun the way you put things together. You really could have your own magazine...you have the Midas Touch with everything!

Enjoy your Halloween FUN with your kiddos!! Thanks for the smile today!

Anonymous said...

I love this!! We are big Star Wars fans and I'll have to remember this!