Thursday, December 19, 2013

friday senses

a peek at our week.

running: in deep deep snow--the trail is still piled high. It's slow going, but it feels so good to get moving even if it's just a few miles.
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
dating: last weekend we went on our traditional Christmas date. The kids requested Bombay House just like last year, and then we headed to the store to shop for each other...peeking around corners and racks to make sure no one sees.
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
liking: I just really loved this photo of her doing art in her their room.
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
hearing: my kids are sooooooo loud. singing dancing laughing and just yelling. how are such tiny people so noisy? nonstop and well into the night. just too excited for Christmas.....and I've stopped fighting them. I just close their bedroom door and let them fall asleep on their own in a pile of legos......great parenting right there.
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com 
anticipating: last day of school for the year today!!
driving: I drove an hour in a blizzard to go to Trader Joes for some fun things for our Christmas feast. I just love that store and never ever go down that far.....but it was well worth the drive.
wishing: for snow! it snowed all around us yesterday, but most of ours has melted and it's just brown and sloppy around here. bring on the big fluffy flakes for Christmas!
decorating: sugar cookies. every Christmas my sister and brother and I decorated sugar cookies. My kids love doing the same each year.
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
playing: in the snow. I am so excited for this winter--we will head to the mountain as often as we can. I haven't been snowboarding in over 10 years......so when Ali and Monica took me out I was a bit LOT rusty. I mean, your feet are strapped to a board sailing down the mountain on snow. So yes, my tailbone is still sore and my ego is still bruised. I'm determined to practice practice practice so I can eventually keep up with these two.
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
teaching: this was our kids' first time ever skiing......it was a long day for all of us. 
see her face at the end of the day? yep.
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
I found myself often giving the "when you fall down you have to get back up again" speech. It's hard to see our kids frustrated, but we also think it's so important to push our kids--take them out of their comfort zone.....and speeding down the mountain unsure of how to stop.....was DEFINITELY out of their comfort zone. But at the end of the day they were already talking about next time....it's going to be a good winter.
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
shopping: done done done. I have a few groceries I will pick up on Monday but other than that it feels so good to be done. Thanks internet shopping and UPS man.

juicing: juice by morning, cookies by night. that's how it's going these days.
this juice tastes so good, and pomegranates and cranberries are everywhere right now.

www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com

Winter Red Juice
arils from 1/2 pomegranate
1 cup cranberries
3 carrots
1" piece of ginger

Happy Weekend!

blogged 1 year ago: Christmasy Things
blogged 2 years ago: pomegranate 
blogged 3 years ago: Christmas Letters

1 comment:

kassidi bridge said...

Love you all! Excited to make this new juice! Yum!