We all lived through one more week of winter.....hooray! It dipped down around 5° the other night.....brrr...
Thank you so much for all your fun comments on last weeks post! Today I'll ask for your help again--to share your own winter secrets....
Survival Tip #2:take care of your skin!
Now I am not talking about facials (wouldn't that be nice) or makeup (I am clueless), or how to get glowing flawless skin (someone tell me).......let's be honest here.
I'm talking about how to keep your skin happy,
and prevent it from splitting open at the seams and/or drying up like a piece of jerky.
Sorry. It's true.
If you live in a dry climate, winters are terrible on your skin! I've put together my favorite products that keep me sane (and prevent splitting open) during the winter.
1. I love love love this body butter. I have one next to our bed and one in the car--it's perfect for hands and not too greasy (I like this for hands too, but you have to put it on and not touch ANYTHING for a while). The smell is absolutely insane too.....you will kind of want to put it on a cupcake.
2. I love to use this on my lips at night. That's all.
3. This soap is the best smelling soap in the world, it exfoliates, and it's made by Burts Bees, who should be sending me a lifetime supply of everything after this post. The end.
4. I carry hand sanitizer every where I go, but the thought of putting it on cold dry hands sounds like torture, so I was so happy to find this one.....the sanitizer is IN the lotion. Perfect.
5. If anyone out there has horse hair (or is it just me?) (sidenote: if I am ever lost in the woods I will cut off my hair to make my own ropes) this super duper conditioner, is a must every few weeks.
Winter is hard on my hair. My hair is hard, period.
6. I have raved about my favorite Yes to Carrots lip butter before, but when I'm feeling fancy schmancy, I'm also a fan of their lip tint.
7. LOVE this body wash. It smells amazing and is so bright and fresh, and will really wake you up in the morning (or at 10:00 at night, if that's your first shower for the day, I get it)
8. I should probably stop talking about wanting to eat all this stuff, but this face wash smells delicious. It is so orangey and feels so soft and moisturizing on my aging face (you guys, it's almost my birthday, I'm nervous).
9. So it's reeeeeeallllly dry here. And cold. The kind of cold and dry that hurts your face and gives you permanent stink-eye when you are out in it. I love this night cream--smoothing it on feels like an apology to my poor, frozen stink-face.
What's YOUR favorite way to take
care of your skin during winter?