Wednesday, February 6, 2013

the weekly juice

lately. 
lately the sun has been shining .
alot. 
we love it. 
lately I've been wondering what book to read?
what are you reading?
lately I've been purging. 
dejunking and tossing and donating and making piles all over the house.
(isn't funny how the house actually gets MESSIER when you are trying to clean it?)
must. get. rid. of. stuff.
lately I've been itching to run. and run and run. I could hit the road.....but I need my trails to not be under a foot of snow.
lately we've been spending a lot of time on the other side of the mountain. 
playing. breathing fresh air. dreaming of packing up and moving in. 
we looked at a house with pink kitchen counters and too many cats. 
we passed.

and yes, lately we are still juicing....never gets old. 
I found a new combination with beet that isn't as "beety" as our sweet beet juice we made. 
This has just a touch of beet, but lots of other flavors for those of you may not love a strong beet flavor like I do.
We loved this juice.....all of us!
bonus: lately I've been saving the carrot pulp and throwing it in soup. 
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
Lower the Beet Juice
1/2 grapefruit
1 orange
2 large carrots
1/4 beet
1/2" piece of ginger

What are YOU juicing this week?

more juice!

11 comments:

kami said...

I'm not a huge beet fan but we've been doing a juice similar to yours and we love it! It feeds 4 - 1 grapefruit, 2 oranges, 6-8 carrots, 1/4-1/2 beet. Yuuuumm!

melissa said...

i like your juice posts even though i've never juiced nor drank juiced juice like that. they're just so nice and pretty and appetizing. and i like your graphics font.

ps i'm reading 1776. it's not a normal choice for me--usually i go for creative nonfiction types (have you read second nature by michael pollan? i loved it. it is pre-food inc. it's about how he became a gardener.) anyway, i also really like 1776. it's cool.

Unknown said...

I recently read somewhere, if you juice your vegetables first before adding in the fruit, you can reserve that pulp to make veggie burgers. I didn't find a specific recipe, but it's worth googling if you are trying to use up your pulp!

Paige Holley said...

What kind of juicer do you have? I have been thinking of getting one.

Amanda Fetters said...

I just finished The Last Runaway by Tracy Chevalier. It was super good, if you're into historical fiction. Before that I read Little Heathens, a memoir about growing up on a farm in Iowa during the 1930s. It was delicious.

twinsontherun said...

The Harmon's close to me sells organic gold beets. I love them in my juice and without the red color it seems a little less beety. Glad to find a fellow juicer!

Anonymous said...

This looks beautiful! I love beet juice and never thought to pair it with citrus, awesome idea.

pakosta said...

I just finished two GREAT books!
Sacajawea by Anna Waldo

and Same Kind of Different as Me.

both were excellent!!!

here is a list I read in 2012:


The Wives of Henry Oades Johanna Moran
The Guernsey and Literary Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Anne Schafer
The Soldier's Wife by Margaret LeRoy
Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
The Elegance of the Hedgehog
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter & Sweet
Major Pettigrew's Last Stand
What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty
The Lost Wife by Alyson Richman
Three Junes by Julia Glass
The House at Riverton by Kate Morton
Tully By Paullina Simons
The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
All the Way Home by Ann Tatlock
The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons
Tatiana & Alexander by Paullina Simons
The Summer Garden by Paullina Simons
Save Me by Lisa Scottoline
Shanghai Girls by Lisa See
Dreams of Joy by Lisa See
Midwives Confession by Diane Chamberlain
A Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin

tara

Vanessa said...

The couple times I have had beets I have loved them. Beets are big out here (in Costa Rica). I need to start feeding them or juicing them for the family. Why haven't I yet? Who knows.

Jen said...

Reading Simplicity Parenting (using the extraordinary power of less to raise calmer, happier, and more secure kids) and Two-Part Invention (madeleine l'engle). Love the after school juice routine!

El Taufan said...

Thanks for Sharing That... Sucses for You

findaunionprinter

findaunionprinter

getoifile

getdriversforpc

offlineinstallerfilehippo

theprinterdriver

esoftpedia

filehorse

thesoftpedia

caranddriverr