Wednesday, January 30, 2013

the weekly juice

Still juicing like a maniac over here--it has officially become part of our after school routine....
get home
throw stuff on floor
yell at tell them nicely to take stuff to their rooms
juice and snack
homework
yell at tell them ever so sweetly to stop goofing around and just get their homework done.....(this part goes on forever)
all while drinking our juice.

This juice has quickly become a favorite, and it's very easy with hardly any prep at all. Spinach doesn't yield a whole lot of juice, so we each get a smaller glass, but it's tasty and refreshing and loaded with vitamins A and K.
We all love this juice--no complaints at all from the kiddos.
Bonus: I like it extra tart, and sometimes add a little more lemon. 
Double Bonus: Sometimes I throw a few carrots in to this mix--it makes it muddy and brown, but still tastes great.
TRIPLE BONUS! I love when I have pulp from greens like spinach and kale. I juice these first, and then set the green pulp aside. Saute' it up in some olive oil with garlic, pine nuts, sundried tomatoes and throw some pasta and parmesean or goat cheese in.....dinner!
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com

Spinach Shots
3 large handfuls spinach
1/4 of a lemon, with peel (if it's organic)
1 green apple

What are YOU juicing this week?

more juice!

24 comments:

Amber said...

YAY! I love juice recipes and I just got a juicer pretty recently but I haven't tried anything yet. I know I know, slacker. I'm going to pick up some stuff for juicing this week, cannot wait to give it a go (finally!)

Maggie Mizelle said...

I love my new breville juicer (Santa brought it!). Question for you - what number setting do you use for kale and spinach! Thanks!

Unknown said...

totally genius about using your green pulp for dinner...thank you! every time i dispose of the pulp my mind goes on repeat, "what a waste." can't wait to try it out :)

Alison said...

We've had our juicer 2 weeks and it quickly became part of our morning routine. Love it. Our favorite has been anything citrus, but lately it's been 1 cup cranberries, 1 orange, 1 grapefruit, a Granny smith and small slice of lime. It's tart, sweet and the prettiest color of pink.

kassidi bridge said...

Oo yum! We're juicing now! I'm so excited, and quickly becoming obsessed. I totally understand now. Yesterday we did 3 pears, 1 apple, 3 celery stalks, and 2 carrots. It was deelish! Can't wait to try spinach!

Hayley said...

i just bought the biggest bags of baby kale and spinach at costco. yummy!!

www.thewinternews.blogspot.com said...

yum! i will have to try this juice out. do you add ice to it or anything?

Nicki Woo said...

I'm so going to make this today for my kids!!!!

We are totes into juicing. I just made this yesterday.

6 kale leaves
1 banana
1 apple
1 cup apple juice.

Oh my lawd. So good.

yuki said...

HI HI! Love the title font! May I know what font is that?

Bri Blakney said...

loving your blog!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I look forward to more.

Varun Lekho said...

The centrifugal juicers are the regular juicers which are made to extract juice from the hard vegetables and fruits. Their blades are very sharp where its motor has very high speed. That’s why the centrifugal juicer makes few noises.

saif khan said...

Wow! amazing juicing recipe.Thanks for sharing such an awesome post.

saif khan said...

Amazing juicing recipe. Thanks for sharing such an awesome post.

Rohit said...

loving your blog!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe! I look forward to more.
Healthy Herbal drink

Healthytips said...

Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about spinach juice. Please keep sharing.
Benefits Of Spinach Juice

Rohit said...

That's the great look of this drink and I am sure It will definitively work to reduce your belly fat. This is the great diet drink. Generally lemon juice honey and cinnamon is suitable for consumption
shunya

Healthytips said...

Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us. I hope you will share some more information about juicing. Please keep sharing.
Health Is A Life

Cocacafe said...

Best buy juicer at Cocacafe: https://cocacafe.net/

diawin said...

nice post..
Best siddha hospital in tamilnadu

suitcaseboxes said...

This blog is very interesting pack your things in custom sleeve boxes.

miawri said...

Hi There,
Thank you for sharing the knowledgeable blog with us I hope that you will post many more blog with us:-
Authentic ruby or Manik is a natural, deep pink or blood red colored, precious gemstone of the Corundum family with safe delivery.
Email:sales@big-smokes.com
Click here for more information:- more info

خدمت منزلية said...

شركة درة البيت
شركة تعقيم منازل في عجمان
شركة تعقيم منازل في ام القيوين
شركة تعقيم في ابوظبي
شركة عزل في راس الخيمة

Home Cooking22 said...

thanks for sharing.. this post to knowledgable.. so many knowledge...thank you so much visit the new recipe Apple Juice

Puspha said...

Wonderful page, Also if you want to experience different flavors in smoothies or juices then check out the Starbucks Menu Prices.