Thursday, January 24, 2013

here we go

a happy happy moment riding on a bike path through Zion National Park with my kiddos....I know I look a little crazy....but I was pretty excited to be in Zion.
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com 
Here I sit.
I write this with only a few hours left in my twenties.
My hair is pulled up, I'm sporting one of Robby's Ts (oh, and his socks), and I feel the green face mask starting to dry on my cheeks.
Glamorous. 
I'm drinking fresh made juice--a muddy combination of spinach, carrots, apple, and lemon. 
It's extra tart, and I like it.
And just in case you think I'm so healthy sitting here at night with my green juice, it's only because I ate half a salty dark chocolate bar my grandma sent me......so I'm trying to balance it out....you know?
I'm looking at my (very lady-like....cough..) legs, still bruised from rock climbing over the weekend.
I hear giggles from the other room of kids who are making birthday cards 
(and think I have no idea what they are up to).

I am excited.
For 30.
It's here (finally!)

I've had so many people ask if I was dreading it......NO! 
I welcome it.

Twenty-nine was rough. 
We had some great moments--yes we did. 
We visited some incredible places and saw God's beauty all over this wild West. 
We were blessed and blessed and blessed.
But as I've found in my wise old age (ha), there are good years and there are bad, and twenty-nine kind of piled up on me--I earned a few wrinkles last year, fair and square.

So I say bring on 30! Let's go! 
I can feel that things are going to happen this year. Wonderful things. A few years ago had you asked me where I'd be at 30, I'd have told you 4 kids (I was dead set), and feeling a whole lot more settled than we are now.
I have learned that life doesn't always go as planned (bummer!).....but I'm starting this year knowing who I am and what makes me tick.....and that right there is good enough.
I will continue to surround myself with worthwhile things and fantastic people, and work on sifting out poor influences and time wasters. 

Only good things for this 30 year old. 

whoa. that sounds old.

20 comments:

Kimber said...

happy birthday, beautiful! may 30 be your year of goodness!

Unknown said...

Happy Happy Birthday Sister!!!

Unknown said...

(that was kayla. I'm sure tyson wishes you a happy birthday too...)

Ashley said...

Happy birthday, sweet friend. I hope you have the happiest of years yet! Enjoy your day with those precious kiddos + husband. I will be joining you in the big 3-0 later this July. BRING IT. :) xoxo

Kris and Corissa said...

Happy, happy birthday!!!! I must say it's so refreshing to see you embrace 30! I hear so many complain about it and it gets old. Wishing you all the best this year!

Lisa Hathaway said...

Happy birthday!

kassidi bridge said...

Happy Birthday Dear Sheena! Hope your day is awesome! Here's to being 30!

Li + Belle said...

30 - which is an excellent number, the thirties are great years. (I know it;)) Congratulations!

in dreams said...

happy birthday!!! :D

Clandestine Road said...

Happiest birthday and happiest new decade! 30 is the best year. Truly.

Angela

Carey Alina said...

the thirties are most excellent for women, you come into your own in so many different ways. Physically your body is stronger and more prepared for whatever you want to do with it. Enjoy, because when you get into your 40's you keep going strong but it hurts a little more, and a little longer.

Ang said...

Happy Birthday, Sheena! I love how you've embraced 30. :)

ashley sullivan said...

happy 3-0 sheen! i love your positive outlook. good things must be coming your way :)

Hayley said...

may you be incredibly blessed this year. 30 has been wonderful to me :)

Christiane said...

Happy birthday! Glad to see you really enjoy and embrace it.

summer said...

happy birthday, beautiful girl! you are ever an inspiration to me-- love how 30 looks on you already!

judi said...

Happy Happy Birthday to my Baby Girl!
We are so glad you came to us 30 years ago today!
Love you!!!

RoxyRo said...

Buon Compleanno beautiful soul! hope this year brings you only happiness and joy! xxxxx

szyszka1988 said...

Best wishes from frosty Poland (do you know where is it?)

Corinne said...

I tell everyone that 30 was one of the best years of my life! I loved it so much. I'll be 32 in 3 weeks, and it's been a bit of a bumpy ride since then, but not bad - just a bit more adventure than I thought I was in for. Enjoy year 30!