Monday, September 19, 2011

jars full of summertime

I love making jam. 
I don't know why......
maybe because it's a way to keep summer in our house when the winter months are cold and colorless.
maybe because it makes me feel old fashioned and housewifey.
or maybe it's just because it tastes, really good.

I just know it makes it a little easier to say goodbye to summer, knowing that I'll have a bit of it stashed away for months to come.
and maaaybe.....it makes me want to make some bread to go with it......right now.
peach jampeach jampeach jampeach jampeach jampeach jam
I highly recommend this song to go along with this post.
haha watch out for peach ninjas.
more jam posts here and here

10 comments:

Hannah Nicole said...

Oh, I just love this. Something about it makes me smile. There's such a sweet nostalgic feel of autumn found in the photos of the peach jam. Just lovely!

Meg said...

my family will NOT eat peach jam. What is wrong with them??? They devour the strawberry jam, blueberry jam, blackberry jam, and the grape jelly. Peach? nooooooo....
They are jam snobs.

Daniel & Mindy said...

couldn't find a recipe! how do you make it? i've been looking for a good recipe to try with all of our peaches :)

sheena said...

Mindy there is always a recipe on the inside of the pectin box--it's super easy:)

Amanda Mae said...

that song brought me right back to high school!!

Unknown said...

I made peach butter on Sunday with the same hope that I'll get to taste summer during the cold months. Yum!

SHARM said...

Hi I like the idea of making jams looks like a lot of work. I wanted to learn more about this before I start making it home. I would love to make jam at home one day with my little one who loves to help around... Thank you for the post...

Shannon said...

Mmm peaches. My mom never gardened or canned, but I remember spending an entire Saturday at my best friend's house boiling and canning boxes of peaches while blasting the President's. :) Good times. And good jam.

Tara said...

I can't stop raving about the peaches right now. A lady at Justin's work sent him home with a bag full of peaches from her tree and they are so sweet and juicy, it is heaven! We also had 2 ladies give us peach freezer jam in the last couple of days- score!! Freezer jam is the best, I was sad I didn't find any super good deals on strawberries this year to make some.

Avocado Sundays said...

love this post! ive never thought to make peach jam before but this makes me want to. the photos are so nice too x

http://avocadosundays.blogspot.com/