Monday, November 4, 2013

tiny humans

Today I am thankful for my kids. 
Seems like such an obvious thing to be thankful for, right?
It's just so true.
I love these tiny humans. 
When they are born, they are adorable chubby little blobs. 
They don't do much--just lay around and eat and look extra sweet. 
They grow and laugh and babble. 
They toddle around. 
And it all goes by so quickly, let me tell you.
They grow and stretch and their shoes get too small.
They never stop running and always have holes in their jeans.
They have dirty faces and messy hair.
They are funny and bright and never stop talking.
And they can do anything. 
Anything!
They run, jump, hike, they explore.
They sing they dance they create. 
They don't let fear of failure or judgement hold them back.
They want to learn it all--little sponges soaking up life.

I love that they are mine to help shape and mold. 
.....and I love how they help me grow too.
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
Delicate Arch, Arches National Park Utah. 
Vernal Falls, Yosemite National Park California.
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com

What are YOU thankful for today?

one year ago I posted one of my favorite posts about my two (HERE)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Those paintings are great! Such adorable kiddos :)

gram said...

I'm thankful for FB so I get to see these two little 'greats'!

Unknown said...

So great that you are using quality materials for your kids' artwork. I used the "good stuff" as well and I am so happy now to have those precious creations so vibrant and well-preserved (my kids are now in their teens and twenties). You seem to be an awesome mom and that's the best job in the world!

Sini | my blue and white kitchen said...

Today I'm thankful for the hot bowl of nourishing soup I enjoyed on this rainy day. And the little black kitten on my lap.

Kelly Jo said...

Such a wonderful thing to be thankful for! I don't have kids of my own but my boyfriend has two daughters and the 3 short years they have been in my life have made a huge impact on me. I never realized how much I could learn from a child, it's amazing. Today I am thankful for my family, near and far.

Sonja {Dagmars Kitchen} said...

I am thankful for my kids too! What a lovely text on kids and what they do to you. And just how lovely they are!

I found my way here through Pinterest and loved everything I saw immediately.

Hope to be back soon!

//Sonja

Staci Davies said...

Their art is just perfect! I love reading your blog....Positive and true.