Wednesday, November 20, 2013

the weekly juice (doubled!)

Thanksgiving is in ONE week!! 
Who's ready?!
Starting next week I kind of eat and eat and eat for the whole month of December.....what about you?
And if you are at all like me, I'm sure you're also eating quite a bit more sugar than normal too.....am I right?
So I am making sure to get all kinds of extra good stuff in whenever I can.
I am trying to juice daily right now--here are two new recipes for you to try.

I like the tartness of green juices (like THESE spinach shots), but I wanted to make a green juice with lots of extras and a little bit of sweetness.
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
Kale+ Juice
6 pieces kale
2 handfuls spinach
1 lemon, peeled
1 pear
1 carrot
1" piece of ginger

I think this juice has the perfect amount of sweetness without covering up the taste of the kale. If you want your juice a bit sweeter, add a few more carrots or an apple.
bonus: I juice the kale and spinach first and remove the pulp to saute' with an egg. 

moving on to our next......juice?
Yes. I juiced a sweet potato. 
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
I had thought about throwing in a sweet potato before, always wondering what it would be like.....and then I found THIS recipe and I had to try it.

I LOVE this drink.....I think you will too. 
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
Sweet Potato Pear Juice
1 sweet potato
1 pear
1/4 cup-1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened or vanilla almond milk is great too)
dash of cinnamon
spoonful of chia seeds

[juice the sweet potato and pear and stir in the other ingredients]

bonus: I was surprised at how filling this juice was, and it's now my go-to after yoga fuel.

What are you juicing this week?

MORE JUICE!

*I use THIS juicer

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Whats up im writing here to help you with great jucie
here you can see more info about the juice http://smartvapes.com
its very nice.

Organic Noni Juice said...

I have never tried sweet potato pear juice before. It sounds like it's gonna be very tasty. I have noted down the recipe and will try it for sure. Thank you for sharing.

HowardGrace said...


Hello, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a lot of spam remarks? If so how do you stop it, any plugin or anything you can suggest? I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any assistance is very much appreciated. cremor tartaro