Wednesday, November 20, 2013

the weekly juice (doubled!)

Thanksgiving is in ONE week!! 
Who's ready?!
Starting next week I kind of eat and eat and eat for the whole month of December.....what about you?
And if you are at all like me, I'm sure you're also eating quite a bit more sugar than normal I right?
So I am making sure to get all kinds of extra good stuff in whenever I can.
I am trying to juice daily right now--here are two new recipes for you to try.

I like the tartness of green juices (like THESE spinach shots), but I wanted to make a green juice with lots of extras and a little bit of sweetness.
Kale+ Juice
6 pieces kale
2 handfuls spinach
1 lemon, peeled
1 pear
1 carrot
1" piece of ginger

I think this juice has the perfect amount of sweetness without covering up the taste of the kale. If you want your juice a bit sweeter, add a few more carrots or an apple.
bonus: I juice the kale and spinach first and remove the pulp to saute' with an egg. 

moving on to our next......juice?
Yes. I juiced a sweet potato.
I had thought about throwing in a sweet potato before, always wondering what it would be like.....and then I found THIS recipe and I had to try it.

I LOVE this drink.....I think you will too.
Sweet Potato Pear Juice
1 sweet potato
1 pear
1/4 cup-1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened or vanilla almond milk is great too)
dash of cinnamon
spoonful of chia seeds

[juice the sweet potato and pear and stir in the other ingredients]

bonus: I was surprised at how filling this juice was, and it's now my go-to after yoga fuel.

What are you juicing this week?


*I use THIS juicer


Деян Кривошеенко said...

Whats up im writing here to help you with great jucie
here you can see more info about the juice
its very nice.

Organic Noni Juice said...

I have never tried sweet potato pear juice before. It sounds like it's gonna be very tasty. I have noted down the recipe and will try it for sure. Thank you for sharing.