Tuesday, May 21, 2013

the weekly juice

Strawberry season.....it's finally here!
We find ourselves each day with sticky sweet strawberry juice running down our arms and smeared across our cheeks. 
I threw some into our morning juice and WOW. 
A glass of early summer. 
bonus: lately I've been adding in some chia seeds to my glass
(see the benefits of chia HERE)
double bonus: you know I love beets.....this is really good with a big piece of beet thrown in.
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com 
  Morning Glory Juice
1 grapefruit, peeled
1/2 lemon, peeled
3 carrots
 1/2 " piece of ginger
6-10 strawberries (depending on how big they are....but really, the more the merrier)
optional: a spoonful of chia seeds

I'm so happy that more produce is coming into season--I can't wait to try out some new spring and summer juice combos. 
What are YOU juicing this week?

more juice!

5 comments:

kassidi bridge said...

Yay! We've been juicing strawberries too! Can't wait to try this one!

Paige Holley said...

Just made me this drink minus the lemon...I was all out. Plus, I added a little chunk of beet. It was delicious! I've been loving your juice recipes. Thanks for sharing! One question, do you find adding ginger adds a bit of bitterness? I can't decide if I like the ginger or not.

sheena said...

@paige holley:

The ginger never tastes bitter to me--it adds a bit of a "zing" and I've found if you add to much it will clear your sinuses out:) But ginger is something you really have to play around with the amount to see what tastes best for you.

Amy F said...

That sounds so yummy!

Diana Mieczan said...

I really need to start juicing and your morning glory juice looks so good:) Have a great one:) xoxo