Thursday, July 1, 2010

BLT Pizza

Robby loves BLT's.....LOVES them. I think if we had them every night for dinner, he would be ok with that. (although his true love is a BLAT--bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato)

And you already know how I feel about pizza.....so I thought, why not combine the two!

I used prosciutto instead of bacon....I am not a bacon lover and the thought of it touching my precious pizza made me nervous.
I loved putting my lettuce right on top of my pizza (after it was cooked)
while Robby loved just eating it with his pizza. Either way....I think you'll like it!


BL(a)T Pizza

-your favorite crust recipe (I used the same as last time)
So same crust recipe as I have been using....but I found my new favorite way to cook it. I put it in the (oiled) pizza pan (one with tiny holes in it), brush some olive oil in it, and put it on the grill (medium heat) for 7-8 minutes, and then FLIP IT OVER (crust down, pan up) and let it grill for about 2 minutes. Then I put my toppings on and put it back on the grill (medium heat) until the cheese is nice and melty.

Toppings
-super thin layer of good quality tomato sauce
-juicy ripe tomatoes, seeded (cut the top off and give them a little squeeze so all the seeds come out. Otherwise you get too much tomato juice on your pizza.)
-very thinly sliced Prosciutto
-ripe avocado slices
-fresh sliced mozzarella cheese (smoked mozzarella would have been awesome!)
-baby greens, tossed with a squeeze of lemon and a drizzle of good olive oil, salt, pepper, and fresh chives

enjoy!

5 comments:

Amie said...

I love a good BLT (with avocado, of course). It's funny that you call it BLATs, becuase growing up we always called them BLTAs. I haven't had one in a while, but it sure sounds delicious...I think I've got some bacon in the fridge...maybe I'll whip one up for lunch today!

gram said...

.. lookin' tasty!... and I did get your email.. hope to see you next week...!

Anonymous said...

that looks soooOOOOoooooOOOO good. if you ever come to hawaii, you're making me pizza.

Natalie said...

Oh, yum! There is nothing like a BLaT. Your hubby = one smart guy! You = culinary genius!

Lula. said...

that looks delicious. we might accidentally drop by next time you make it ;)