Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Love

Crazy week!! But so happy to be back as a family again!
And happy to have another fun filled weekend with Grandma and Grandpa who are up from California! This weekend will be filled with good old-fashioned (literally) fun as we celebrate Pioneer Day here in Utah!

We LOVE Mango and Black Bean Salsa!

1 Mango, diced
1 can of black beans, rinsed
1 handful of bell pepper, diced
1 handful of red onion, diced
1 handful of chopped cilantro
Juice of a lime
s&p

Eat it with a spoon.
Perfect with chips (the Archer Frams black corn and flax seed are the best chips in the WORLD)
Yummy on grilled chicken
Insanely good on grilled salmon!


We LOVED seeing Ben Folds with the Utah Symphony!! Such a good show! He is so talented and just flat out weird, and I don't know anyone else who can sing about absolutely nothing like he can! And of course Deer Valley is soooooooo pretty.
all photos taken with the shake-it app.


We love the summer. And parks. And red stained lips from our favorite Sno Shack.


WHAT?!!! Have you seen Inception??? SEE IT. SEE IT!! Does it sound like I am screaming? I am! It is so.....just.....uh....I don't know what to say. I am still thinking about it and wish I could see it again right now. It's crazy. I get so excited and/or frightened to dream now.


I love this entry way. I would love to have an entry way. I love the frames, the door, the windows, the floor, the furnace, the floor, the floor, and the number 33. I love homes, and home projects. In the past few weeks we have painted, spray painted, moved in, moved out, raided my grandmas basement, acquired an organ(an organ!), realized I need to sell some junk, hung up and taken down many-a-thing. Maybe someday I'll take a picture....

But until then let's dream of having an entryway.

{photo from you are my fav jr}

A few months ago I was lucky enough to take photos of the (now famous) Lauren and Ben (here).
Here is their film that Ryan made as part of their Iris and Light photo + film package.

They are the cutest and I LOVE this song!





Happy Weekend!!!

What did you love about this week??

ps. don't forget to enter Liesl's super cute giveaway!

12 comments:

Amanda said...

Inception was so good!

Anonymous said...

Love the mango black bean salsa - I will have to throw some together this weekend, yumm!

Maria said...

The salsa looks amazing! Happy weekend!

Anna said...

Funny, I am obsessed with the number 33 as well, always have been. I will be 33 next year and I think it's going to be something magical.

ali said...

what's my favorite thing about this entry? the picture of you and rob gazing into each other's eyes! we need more gazing around here!

rosie said...

crazy awesome post!!!

LOVE that short film video. amazing work and wonderful song. must get it!

Becky said...

That is the CUTEST video. I want one! ;)

As always, I love your blog.

Natalie said...

Such a good and happy week! YAY!

summer said...

that very same entryway is sitting in my 'home love' folder on google docs. it makes me stop and stare.

just saw inception last night and OH MY. we are still talking about it! so, so good.

friday love posts are the best!

Marcina said...

That video is awesome! Now I just want one too :-)

carol said...

amazing video. amazing post!

hope that you're having a great weekend! :)

ps: did you receive my email?

Lula. said...

SO many things to say about this post. You know I love your blog. But I think my favorite thing (besides your complimenting me- kidding haha) is the collage of pictures at the concert. I love the front door in that entry way and I am kind of nervous to see Inception. I sometimes let my mind and imagination get out of control and I am afraid (from what I hear) that I won't be able to get to sleep again, ever.

(Sorry for the essay)