Thursday, December 16, 2010

2010 in 5 Minutes

Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010. (Author: Patti Digh)



kidsbeachinstax

Birthday dinner at Reef's in Park City. The streets were packed with Sundancers, the air was freezing, the food was delicioius.
The boy's birthday, and Easter on the same Sunday! My baby turned 5.
San Diego with Robby, the sand blistered our feet. 
A freezing lake and a waaaaaay a too late night with the Southwells and the Stephens. haha lightshow.
Meeting my Dr. for the first time and feeling like we had finally made it.
The girl's teaparty. I have never seen her so excited. We had 700 cupcakes.
Wasatch Back. Ragnar Hill. Ran it. Boo-yah (I don't want to remember that I just said boo-yah)
4th of July. Homemade icecream. Fireworks in the street and a fire with friends.
8th anniversary. Lots and lots of yummy food. Ben Folds in Park City.
The farmers market.
Gardening finally clicked. I loved our garden!
Tomatoes.
Pool.
Camping with my family. Freezing nights. Still fun. Smore's of course.
Beach House. Tidepools.
Two kids and one husband in school. Woe-is-me.
Vegas Ragnar. Best weekend ever!! It's all a hazy blur now because we were all so tired, but it's the best hazy memory I have!
San Francisco with the girls. Another awesome Drs appointment. West Side story and SALSA!
Thanksgiving. Montana. Freezing.
Christmas tree lights, snuggling on the couch watching a movie just the four of us.
Baking. baking. baking.
One week till Christmas.....I love this feeling!

time's up.

8 comments:

Cherish Stockdale said...

love this list! what a good idea! Your 2010 sounded wonderful! :)

Kelly said...

Pardon my gushing, but you got living right. When I doubt people realize all the joy in a day, rather than gripe about what ails them, i think I will just hit your site. I am 52, a free spirit, blessed with health and good family and friends, wondering if there will ever be enough time to read great books, or try all the amazing foods of the world (once had even grilled crocodile while boating down the amazon) and just plain love the simplest of joys... You insprire and validate.. Thank you. Merry Christmas to You, your husband, the boy, the girl and Charly too. It is "A Wonderful Life" Now, you have watched that movie, haven't you? timeless! beautiful post. beautiful pics. keep it coming.

kathleen Jibson said...

That is GREAT!! Sum up the year in a Nutshell with all wonderful events and times shared as a family. I so enjoyed reading all your EVENTS. Thanks for sharing. Mom "J"

Kari said...

Great list. I might Try to live vicariously through you in 2011. XOXO

Heather said...

What a beautiful way to share your year.

swell.life said...

what a sweet idea for a topic. i need to borrow this one. new year's posts can be so tricky.

your beach pics are divine. i can't begin to imagine the happy memories behind them.

Teachinfourth said...

This was a great idea to share a year's worth of moments...

Jack said...

Wow you are doing an immense job on this blog,keep up the fabulous work and I wish you even more success for it.Thank you for your time and effort.