Thursday, March 17, 2011

for japan with love

If you're anything like me, you've spent the last week reading, watching, and pouring over photos from Japan. I fear. I worry. I feel for them. Their families. Their friends. Their lives. 
But the difference is, I can turn the computer off, change the tv channel, and go about my life, in my happy home, with my healthy family nearby. 
They don't have that option. 
I feel so helpless, and I am happy to see so many people taking action to help.

Utterly Engaged and Ever Ours have teamed up and  put together 
For Japan with Love.

They have set up a donation page for Shelterboxes.
"Each large, green ShelterBox is tailored to a disaster but typically contains a disaster relief tent for an extended family, blankets, water storage and purification equipment, cooking utensils, a stove, a basic tool kit, a children’s activity pack and other vital items."


Every little donation helps.

See here for more info.


forjapanwithlove.com

I'll also be participating in the bloggers day of silence on Friday--and turning off the computer to spend extra time with my littles. Hope you can too:)

www.forjapanwithlove.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

love the cause, hate that it has to happen :( saying prayers.

dave, catie, and baby b. said...

completely heartbreaking.

i'll post this on my blog
to spread the word.

Juli said...

hi! i happened on your blog when i started surfing the web looking to see what other people were doing to blog. you have such great stories, and fun and healthy ideas...i won't lie, i swiped a few ideas, receipes and pics, but this i know is plagiarism...so i wanted to know (so i keep on a good path) if you could tell me if it is ok to repost them or how this works before I use them? thanks, juli