Friday, June 11, 2010

friday love

I love summer.
The only thing I don't like about it, is the end.

And while it isn't officlaly summer sure feels like it
(well's only like 50 right now...but we hit 90 this week!)

I love that we made our first pool trip this week!
I love that the farmers market starts tomorrow!!
I love the summer evening rainstorms we've been smell. ever!!

I love a good summer sandwich. Just a few more weeks and I'll be eating my own home grown tomatoes too!

Sheena's Summer Sandwich
I've never named anything after feels good.
-bread, toasted
-juicy ripe tomatoes, sliced
-fresh mozarella, sliced
-alfalfa sprouts
-fresh basil
-a drizzle of good olive oil
-salt and pepper
I love having fresh flowers in my house 24/7. These came from my lovely bride Ally, (how lucky am I that she sent the centerpieces home with me!) but my rose bushes are loaded and I can't wait until more and more flowers start to bloom!
Flowers inside, every day!
LOVE these polka dotted swimsuits....

I love summer polaroids!

I love summer vacations!! And now I love Iceland. When can I go?
(note, there may be a split second skinny dipping scene.....don't watch with your 5 year old who is Iceland obsessed...)

ps. don't forget the giveaway ends Sunday!
pps. help me pimp my ipod!

Happy Weekend!!!

What did you love about this week?


Heather at Blessed Little Nest said... much eye candy! i just love it. and i love summer, too! monday starts a summer fest on my blog so to get it started right I've got a summery giveaway going on now. have a happy weekend!

hilda said...

oh wow! i can't believe the inspired by iceland video reached you!
i love how warm it's been here in reykjavik, i love that this week has brought me a week closer to boston and polaroid-film, and i've loved reading your blog!

and ps. the girls choir singing in the video was founded by my father-in-law 45 years ago! he just recently retired.

Amie said...

I love that blue bathing suit too! (the first one's my fave of the two...but both are super cute!) I love that I am finally going to be able to go to the swap meet that I've been waiting for, that the World Cup started, and that I have the whole weekend to do whatever I want...that doesn't happen often!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

Marcina said...

LOVED the video! And your yummy Sandwich. And the polaroids...and everything!

Have a great weekend!!! :)

Kaylynn said...

I almost ordered a polka dot swimsuit but didn't think I was brave enough to pull it off! Now I'm mad I opted to go with the plain colored one! You do it though! I love polka dots! Kara misses her cousins! When are you coming back? said...

mmmm..summer. i am drooling for your sandwich.

cute swimsuit!

summer said...

i love the friday posts!
maybe this sandwich would make me learn to love tomatoes. i want to love them so bad!