Friday, June 11, 2010

friday love

I love summer.
LOOOOOOOVE it.
The only thing I don't like about it, is the end.

And while it isn't officlaly summer yet....it sure feels like it
(well ok....it's only like 50 right now...but we hit 90 this week!)

I love that we made our first pool trip this week!
I love that the farmers market starts tomorrow!!
I love the summer evening rainstorms we've been having.....best. smell. ever!!

I love a good summer sandwich. Just a few more weeks and I'll be eating my own home grown tomatoes too!

Sheena's Summer Sandwich
I've never named anything after myself....it feels good.
-bread, toasted
-juicy ripe tomatoes, sliced
-fresh mozarella, sliced
-alfalfa sprouts
-fresh basil
-a drizzle of good olive oil
-salt and pepper
mmm...
I love having fresh flowers in my house 24/7. These came from my lovely bride Ally, (how lucky am I that she sent the centerpieces home with me!) but my rose bushes are loaded and I can't wait until more and more flowers start to bloom!
Flowers inside, every day!
LOVE these polka dotted swimsuits....


I love summer polaroids!


I love summer vacations!! And now I love Iceland. When can I go?
(note, there may be a split second skinny dipping scene.....don't watch with your 5 year old who is Iceland obsessed...)


ps. don't forget the giveaway ends Sunday!
pps. help me pimp my ipod!

Happy Weekend!!!

What did you love about this week?

7 comments:

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

oh...so much eye candy! i just love it. and i love summer, too! monday starts a summer fest on my blog so to get it started right I've got a summery giveaway going on now. have a happy weekend!

Hilda said...

oh wow! i can't believe the inspired by iceland video reached you!
i love how warm it's been here in reykjavik, i love that this week has brought me a week closer to boston and polaroid-film, and i've loved reading your blog!

and ps. the girls choir singing in the video was founded by my father-in-law 45 years ago! he just recently retired.

Amie said...

I love that blue bathing suit too! (the first one's my fave of the two...but both are super cute!) I love that I am finally going to be able to go to the swap meet that I've been waiting for, that the World Cup started, and that I have the whole weekend to do whatever I want...that doesn't happen often!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

Marcina said...

LOVED the video! And your yummy Sandwich. And the polaroids...and everything!

Have a great weekend!!! :)

Kaylynn said...

I almost ordered a polka dot swimsuit but didn't think I was brave enough to pull it off! Now I'm mad I opted to go with the plain colored one! You do it though! I love polka dots! Kara misses her cousins! When are you coming back?

swell.life said...

mmmm..summer. i am drooling for your sandwich.

cute swimsuit!

summer said...

i love the friday posts!
maybe this sandwich would make me learn to love tomatoes. i want to love them so bad!