Thursday, October 7, 2010

it makes me very happy.....


I'm most happy when I'm_____________________

-eating guacamole
-snuggling on the couch watching a movie
-at the top of the hill
-walking in the door of the yoga studio
-cooking for my family

hello.
kitchenaidus copy

*****


mildly sweet, made with whole wheat flour, and perfect for a rainy day.
butternutbread copy


Butternut Squash Bread

1 1/4 c whole wheat flour
1/2 c unbleached bread flour
1/4 c rolled oats
1/4 c flax seed
1/8 c wheat germ
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 TBS ground cinnamon
1/2 TBS ground nutmeg
1/2c agave nectar
2 large eggs
1 1/2 c butternut squash puree*
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and lightly flour one 9x5 loaf pan.

*For squash puree:
-Halve and clean squash
-Brush with olive oil.
-place squash (cut side up),  on a lined baking sheet and roast at 425 until fork tender, about 30-45 minutes  Squash will easily scoop right out of peel when it is done roasting.
Place in food processor and puree

In a separate bowl combine all dry ingredients and mix. 

I an a mixer, combine browned butter and agave.
Mix in eggs until well combined, about 1 minute.
Mix in squash puree and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
Slowly add in dry ingredients, a little at a time, until just mixed in. Do not over mix.

Pour into pan and place on bottom rack of oven, and bake for 40-50 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.

enjoy!




Now it's your turn......
I'm most happy when I'm_________________

21 comments:

{Erica} said...

At home, surrounded by family, cooking in the kitchen with Vampire Weekend playing the the background.

Up provo canyon

At the beach

Sabrina said...

-eating Nutella, working in the garden, skiing, reading a cheesy romance novel, hanging out with my little boy.

Hannah said...

On vacation
Eating yummy food
On a date
Cuddling with babies

That bread looks diving, Sheena!

Tara said...

Did you create that recipe on your own? I'm thinking you did since you used your puree. Good job, looks awesome!
for me, it's:
-teaching my kids
-in a clean house doing something productive
-running
-watching Justin be cute with the kids
-reading the scriptures (which I've been better at since GC)
-having FHE
-doing something fun with friends (which I think we are definitely overdue on, what do you think?)

Unknown said...

sitting in snowflake with all my family and friends, showered after a nice run, watching my daughter grow, and snuggling with my main squeeze(my husband of course).

Weight Watchers at FIM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cherish Stockdale said...

baking with my kids, and listening to my husband play the guitar! I love the picture of you and the kiddos in the mixing bowl

Katie said...

being cuddled by my sweetheart... it warms my soul. i LOVE it!

Unknown said...

rested.

reading a book.

taking a good photo.

surfing blogdom. ;)

out walking on a gorgeous day.

baking.

moments of quietness with my Bible & journal, sun peeking into my valley.

eating chocolate.

talking with other moms, women.

and my number 1 thing, being with my husband & children!

banananutmeg said...

busy.
or when I've just finished being busy.
with my family.
with my sisters and mom.
with my bestie.
eating good food.
doing something that is difficult.

Jen and her men said...

eating something i didn't have to cook.

Hannah Mayo said...

by the ocean
taking pictures
creating something
snuggling with my husband
cuddling my son
talking with my mom

Ashley Thalman said...

looking at Sheena's recipes and photos.
waking up.
when my kids are both asleep.
when my kids are both in the stroller.

kim west said...

I'm sleeping. I don't know for sure cause I'm sleeping...but if I didn't like it so much...it would be easier to wake up

Unknown said...

Hmmm....

Snuggling with my lover
Playing with my baby girl
Colouring with my son
cooking in the afternoon
eating cookies
throwing rocks in the lake with my boys
wrapped in a sweater and scarf, kicking at leaves

tanalicious said...

oh...

- tickling my kids
- have nothing to do
- am eating on free day

Jeana Bird said...

...hugging my girls
...laughing with my husband
...eating ice cream
...playing in the wind

LFF; AL said...

...outside in the country
...cooking for my family and friends
...on the water, rowing a boat
...running on an early fall morning
...sitting on my balcony in the early hours of a cold morning with a hot cup of coffee
...working for the New Amsterdam Market
...in vermont
...curled up in front of the fireplace

Burk Family said...

warm inside when it's cold outside.
napping when its raining.
playing the piano.
decorating for Halloween then Christmas.
going home.
playing with the kids.
Not in that order...just what came to mind. Thanks for asking the question. I needed to think about that tonight :)

Nisha said...

I'm most happy when I'm finding new blogs to follow. This recipe looks delicious!

wanda bridgette said...

when i am creating something new