Thursday, February 11, 2010

a simple salad

note: many of my "recipes" are just quick little things I literally throw together.....I am not a measuring type of girl (unless I'm baking of course). So this salad, as well as alot of my other recipes, can be adjusted to YOUR liking, and you can make as big (or small) of a salad as you want. Perfect by itself for lunch, or with a piece of chicken or salmon for dinner.

a simple salad

your favorite mixed greens
pecans (walnuts are good too)
thinly sliced red onion
fresh pear slices
shaved parmesan cheese
drizzle with red wine vinaigrette and toss to coat.


red wine vinaigrette
(I mix this up and keep it in my fridge so I can put together quick salads throughout the week--this is enough for several)

1/4 c red wine vinegar
2/3 c olive oil
2 TBS dijon mustard
coarse salt and cracked pepper
add all ingredients to a small jar and shake it!

enjoy.

5 comments:

ali said...

yum, yum. sounds so good and healthy. I'm sure I'd find a way to un-healthy it up! Maybe sugared pecans? double YUM!

camandholls said...

YUM! I can't wait to try that vinaigrette.

A Beautiful Life said...

ooh, like the sound of the vinaigrette, l love love salads with pears and fresh parmesan YUM!

Kasey said...

i heart this salad. yum.

Cooking Rookie said...

I just need to buy pears...