Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday Love

We love Black and White Chili!
(I posted this recipe before on my old daily blog, but we love it so much it's worth the re-post. )

1 small onion, diced.
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 can of black beans (rinsed & drained)
1 can of white beans (rinsed & drained)
3 cups chicken broth
2 cooked chicken breast, diced
juice of 1 lime
1 tsp-1 TBS ground chipotle pepper (depending on how spicy you like it...we like it HOT!)
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
Saute' onion and garlic in olive oil until tender. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for at least one hour.
top with your favorites. we like cilantro, sour cream, avacado, and tortilla chips. (currently obsessing over Archer Farms Organic Blue Corn and Flax tortilla chips!)

We love when February spoils us with amazing no-jacket-required weather.

We looooove our new table. It's done!!! We still have aLOT of work to do on the room (oh, you know, like chairs) but we have a new table. I'll post a picture next week!

I love knowing exactly what I look like through the boys' eyes.
The hair is pretty accurate, the beard is unfortunate.


Love love love the photography (and recipes and blog!) of Sara over at Sprouted Kitchen.
Check her out for sure!

We love Stars Align! Our good friend John and his band Stars Align are playing Saturday night at The House of Blues on Sunset in Hollywood. And....it's FREE!!! So YOU need to go, because we can't make it this weekend, so please go for me. Email starsalign@att.net for your free tickets....do it!! (become of fan of SA on facebook HERE!)



Happy Weekend!!!

What did you love about this week?

8 comments:

Nellie and Jason said...

I LOVE that soup!!! We made it a few weeks ago and fell in love. My hubby requested it for this weekend!

Shannon said...

Mmm that soup looks amazing. You may be shocked to hear this, but I have never had white beans or cooked with them. I think it's time.

I loved the amazing weather too. I also loved getting organized this week!

banananutmeg said...

I've searched all over and I can't find ground chipotle to save my life. mail me some! I must make black and white soup to bring harmony to my black and white kitchen.

A Beautiful Life said...

ok, just got those same chips like two days ago and i love them but ..they produce bodily gasses..ahem. But i love them and your chili sounds delish! CAn't wait to see the finished product on your table, the sneak peeks seem pretty cool so far!

suzy said...

I was so excited to see a shout out to Stars Align!! I wish I lived closer so I could go! I think you really do need to write a cookbook. I have been making everything that you blog about. I am such an idiot in the kitchen and your recipes are simple. Plus, everyone loves your pictures. Just do it. There will never be too many cookbooks in this world.

Sprouted Kitchen said...

how fun, thank you, Sheena! Your soup sounds so simple and great, I love the different heat that chipotle brings. This weekend has been rainy and I love that... I am working but I brought lots of snacks so it's ok :)

Kasey said...

Chipotle is my new love. I made this soup tonight and it ROCKED! The taste is amazing and it was so EASY [and healthy...but don't tell my husband]!

Thanks for sharing. I'm going to link to this post from my food blog, because I must share this with everyone I love...it's the responsible thing to do. ;>

Liana Sanjana said...

That buffet is phenomenal. I wouldn't have looked twice at it with the before stain, but the after stain is gorgeous.check wood !!