Friday, November 19, 2010

YOU in the little red house



I love ads. Especially old ads. 
Ads that convince you right here, right now, you NEED that product.

like this one, promoting sugar over an apple. awesome.
Picture 11

"just slosh it on in the shower....." what? is there no better word than slosh?
But I have never seen a mustache shine quite like that.
Picture 15

How can you not love something called Rinso!! 
The name itself has me sold. Although the angry mob of housewives who seem to be "heiling" the main Rinso lady.....that makes me uneasy.
Picture 12

Really....uh.....what to say. Whatever that product is, I want it.
Picture 14


If you have something you'd like to advertise, The Little Red House 
would love to help promote you!
Artists, bloggers, makers-of-awesome things, designers, photographers, shop owners, writers, entrepreneurs....whatever you may be, we'd love to have you!



Please email me sheenajibson at gmail for (super duper low) rates for the Holiday Season, sponsorship info, or any questions you may have, like, "where can I get myself one of those awesome lace chokers as seen above."


talk to you soon!




images 1, 2, 3, 4

16 comments:

Carol said...

Love all of these!! I actually remember that ad for Wella Balsam and I think I may have even know the guy with the mustache . . . just saying!!! Oh and I think I had that roll under hair style one time many many years ago. Oh those were the days when things in life were so much easier and uglier!!!!

connie said...

A quick Google search concluded that the last ad is for faux hairpieces. I wouldn't want my hair to look like that woman's naturally and I am definitely not going to pay for that look! Thanks for the smiles and giggles.

Eva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eva said...

Love these ads! So fun to see them all, love the second one and the approach! Happy weekend!

sheena said...

connie!!! hahahah!! thank goodness it isn't real....although I wonder why she picked that one.

They also offer single braids to buy....what?

http://www.amazon.com/Kanekalon-Jumbo-Braid-Extension-Hair/dp/B001EM8N5M

banananutmeg said...

It think that it's the pairing of "slosh" with the phrase "it on" that makes it so awesome. you can "Slosh it on" in the shower.

connie said...

What won't they sell on Amazon? I am guessing she picked that hairdo because it was the style then...you should see pics of my mother-in-law in the 70s! Or my grandma's beehive in the 60s. Good times, I heard :-)

Bianca said...

Oh the hair! The hair!! Thanks for the laughs.

Lindsey Jaye Parry said...

More vintge ads of the disturbing nature

http://owni.eu/2010/11/08/top-48-ads-that-would-never-be-allowed-today/

melissa said...

awesome ads! i had a calendar a couple of years ago of 50s ads. one of them is for karo syrup, and how we should feed it to our babies to make them healthy and strong! woo. now it's hanging in a frame in my living room.

jenniferhoiyin said...

actually I was wondering where I could find a stylist that would do my hair like that and be brave enough to take credit. hilarious.

happy weekend xo

Hannah Mayo said...

These are awesome. Loving the sugar one, and just that fact that ads were so straightforward- "be sure to get some, its great stuff". The whole approach to advertising has changed so much over time.

Anonymous said...

oh. my. goodness.

THAT HAIR!!

Anonymous said...

oh. my. goodness.

THAT HAIR!!

Anonymous said...

oh. my. goodness.

THAT HAIR!!

summer said...

this has to be one of the best posts EVER. and i'm totally inspired by the sponsor idea, sheena. way to go!!