Thursday, April 29, 2010

chocolate chip coconut cookies


2 sticks of butter (1c), at room temp
1/2 c white sugar
1 1/2 c brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 c all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
3 cups shredded sweetened coconut
1 lb chocolate chips/chunks

Cream the butter and the sugars until light. Scrape down the side of the bowl. Continue mixing while adding the eggs one at time. Make sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next. Add the vanilla. Scrape down the bowl with a spatula. Combine the flour, soda and salt in another bowl. With a whisk, stir to combine. With the machine on low, slowly add the flour. Mix until just combined, taking care not to over mix.
With a spatula fold in the chocolate and coconut

Drop by spoonful onto parchment lined cookie sheet.

Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes. They should be lightly golden on the outside but still look gooey on the inside.

you can thank me later....enjoy!

*note: these aren't overly coconutty.....just a nice hint of coconut flavor, and they have the BEST chewy texture!!

24 comments:

summer said...

making these.
and thanking you now. for the photos, especially. i think chocolate chip cookie photos might be my favorite kind of photo. i get ridiculously excited when i see them.

A Beautiful Life said...

sounds deeeeeeelish!

Frau Haselmayer said...

If there wasn't a cake in the oven at this very moment waiting to be eaten I'd totally make these...they look delicious...

Anonymous said...

I would like some of these right now, please. :)

{Erica} said...

As soon as I read the title my mouth began to water.

YUM!

Can't wait to try this.

lovely pictures...as usual.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

My grandma always puts coconut in her chocolate chip cookies. It goes so well, and it adds such a nice texture!

Maria said...

I love the coconut addition!

Amie said...

What is it with chocolate chip cookies today? It's like they are calling my name.

I woke up to see Abbey Cat laying on a cookbook and when she got up it was on the chocolate chip cookie page. Apartment Therapy (or I guess it was the Kitchn, but it's all the same to me)had a post today about the best choc.chip cookie recipes they've found, and now this. I think it's a sign. It must be.

Maybe a batch will be made tonight...

Rebecca said...

I'll definitely be making these ... soon. Yes, very soon. I do have a question though: milk, or semi-sweet?

sheena said...

rebecca: we are dark chocolate LOVERS!! I highly recommend it:)

LobotoME said...

i just made these and ate FOUR! 4!
THANKS a lot. ;)

Marcina said...

I'll just try to make it tomorrow! I can't wait!! Looks so yummy.

And those pictures are great! Just made me feel hungrier! :))

gram said...

Sheena .. you are NOT playing fair!!

Rebecca said...

It's later ... and I'm thanking you. Yummiest cookies ever. Mmmmmmmmm!

Kasey said...

Dark chocolate + coconut = a marriage made in heaven!

Jeana Bird said...

yummy! thanks for the recipe. I love your blog it just makes me happy!

Lula. said...

yummm. We made CCCookies yesterday also! These look delicious. I think we'll try these next week. Who cares about the fact that I will single handedly down the whole batch in 36 hours..!? Thanks for sharing!

A Bowl Of Mush said...

Wow these look like the perfect chocolate chip cookies! :)

Jane said...

I came across these via another blog, Thanks for the recipe, these were so good! I posted them on my blog with a link to yours.

Unknown said...

oh, seriously?
coconut??
why didn't this occur to me, sooner. so many years, wasted...

molly
http://www.remedialeating.com

Michelle said...

I made these for game night and they were a hit! My friend who isn't even a fan of coconut loved them. I am making them again for a work party. Thank you so much for sharing!

Pattycake said...

Awesome recipe, beautiful photos, thanks for sharing!
xo Patty (Baking is Hot)

Patricia Scarpin said...

I made these and they are AMAZING! People at work have been begging me for more. :D

Tiago said...

Living in an apartment for rent in buenos aires I met an exceptional chef who taught me a lot of recipes. Your cookies looks amazing!!! Congrats!