Friday, April 23, 2010

friday love

It's Friday!!! I loved this week!!

As much as I loved the warm sunshiny beginning, I didn't mind the rain so much these past few days....especially while baking bread.

Honey Whole Wheat Bread
adapted from this recipe (yes, I alter my own recipes....just upped the wheat flour this time)

1 1/2 c warm water
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1/3 c honey
2c all purpose flour
2 TBS butter, melted
1/2 TBS salt
2 1/4 c whole wheat flour
1/4c ground flax seed

Mix water, yeast, and honey. Let sit for 20 minutes.
Add to bread machine (Yes, I'm a cheater)
Add remaining ingredients.
Use "dough" setting.

Take out of bread machine and let rise once more.

brush with olive oil and sprinkle with oats.
Bake at 375° for 40 minutes.

We loved getting our hands dirty and planting some pots for inside (still a few more weeks until we can put our garden in, darn spring weather.)

I loved this kitchen/dining room (forgot about this photo from our SD trip) If it were my kitchen, I would love a few modern conveniences, (I suppose), but I LOVE the table, high ceilings, and the copper pots on the wall!

I love spending time with amazing friends. You know, the kind who stay up waaaaaay too late and get way too silly and give you private light shows and share inside joke. Those friends are the best.

Speaking of those good friends, please be sure to check out Cara's new blog. She's blogging about her adventures in only eating things that she makes from scratch (with a small grocery list of things she is "allowed" to buy at the store and farmers market.)

And one more blog that I am so happy I found, Bobbie Rounds the World, about circumnavigating the world by boat: 24,000 miles in 24 months. The very thought of it FREAKS me out, so I will just enjoy her photos and wish I were even a bit that cool. Check it out!


And....our song for the week has been THE most requested song by my kids this week. Why do I think it's so funny to hear them sing it?? These two are brilliant.



What did you love about this week?

Happy Weekend!!!

14 comments:

the red bungalow said...

you're bread looks delicious! I have been spoiled this week with lots of homemade bread too. My husband has a really great starter that he keeps in the fridge and it's getting near perfection...the only downside is he insists we eat a whole loaf in one sitting ("it won't be fresh after today Bre"). While I really enjoy eating it, I don't think my thighs appreciate it. lol.

Happy Weekend to you too!

Bre @ http://theredbungalow.blogspot.com

Shannon said...

Weston loves Single Ladies too. We only listen the the "in Mayberry" version by Party Ben, but I love these guys too. Your bread always looks so good. I need me a bread machine. Maybe then I would feel more motivated to bake bread. Oh, and a wheat grinder.

This week I loved going to Tulip Festival and basking in the sun! All those flowers were just gorgeous.

whitneyingram said...

Roger that on a wheat grinder. I want one of those badly.

This week, I loved the rain as well. The best part was that the day it really started, my husband mowed the lawn in the morning and I opened my bedroom windows to get that fresh-cut-grass smell. And then it started raining. So by the afternoon, my room smelled lie rain and fresh cut grass. It was delightful. Very springish.

I also loved going to the Tulip Fest at Thanksgiving Point with my mom and sisters. I love my sisters and the tulips were unreal.

I loved the day when my husband took the boys on an outing so I could get a good nap. They were gone for 5 hours, and I slept almost the entire time. It was much needed. Only 2 1/2 weeks until Baby Sister arrives.

kylie said...

i dont even know you but you blow my mind with your amazingness. how do you do it all?!

Tiffani said...

Like this version of the song...it's less obnoxious than the original.

Kristie said...

This version of the song was great - I loved it's quirkiness.

Kasey said...

Hey, we planted basil and rosemary this week, too!

Love Pomplamoose. They have a cool sound.

banananutmeg said...

I can listen, but I can't watch. her eyes freak me out.

Dear Bread,
Marry me.
Love, Meg

hannah b said...

I just discovered Pomplamoose this week! They are fantastic. You always feature really cool artists on here and I love it!

Mandy said...

My 3 year old daughter is in love with that same video. those two are amazing.

summer said...

favorite. bread. ever.

ps. i can't wait to show my husband that video.

Dawn said...

Thanks for the bread idea. I love the oats (I ground some and put them in). My family LOVED it.

Anonymous said...

The honey whole wheat bread was a total delight! I love your bread posts, so easy and simple.
-Maria

Nikki said...

Made this bread for my family and they loved it!