Thursday, April 1, 2010

easter baskets

What you'll need:

-cheap baskets (60% off at Joann's right now!)
-a small bunch of daisies (on clearance because they are terribly ugly)
-moss "ribbon" (I cut it down the center length wise and it was more than enough for our two baskets!)
-various "creatures" that will weird you out because they seem so real (but dead), but your kids will love them!
-decorative eggs bought a few years back for 90% off
-hot glue
-15 minutes (or a little more if you have "helpers"

it also helps to have adorable children to model the finished products.

12 comments:

Kenny said...

Our daughters have the same dress. Yay Target! Also, a friend showed me how to grow real grass in Easter baskets so you don't have to buy the fake stuff when it's basket time. It's so cool! You can buy soft white wheat berries at Whole Foods, line a basket with plastic, and plant them in there with potting soil. They sprout within a couple of days. So easy and cute! I love your baskets, too, btw. :)

Shannon said...

Those turned out really cute! I love those baskets. We need new baskets. Unfortunately I have zero plans to leave my house in this mess of snow, but I guess we'll see. Where did you find the creatures?

sheena said...

Kenny: I LOVE that idea!!
Shannon: everything came from Joanns. I'm sure they have those bugs/birds at every craft store though.

Tara said...

Wow good job! They're not going to want to put those away after Easter!

Unknown said...

SO SO cute!! Thanks for sharing :) Did you make your little girls dress to?

sarah nicole said...

I think you need to know that your blog is the cutest! Such gorgeous photos and so funny too. Thank you for sharing!

swell.life said...

so so absolutely beautiful. i spy a liberty of london dress!!

happy easter to you and your precious family.

sheena said...

thanks girls!!

kelli: no....I wish I made it! Target!

Hayley said...

they are perfect! are you using your new lens??

Fairlightday said...

Super sweet baskets! I love that moss on a roll stuff! So handy. :) And now I really must run to Target to get dresses for my girls.

sheena said...

hayley....YES!!!

Natalie said...

So pretty! One of these years I will MAKE baskets instead of running to Target last minute and grabbing some.