Wednesday, March 31, 2010

browned butter chocolate chip pizookies

I loved browned butter.

Please tell me you've tried it??

I really think it might be one of my favorite flavors....

...ever.

I love it so much, I'm always trying to sneak it into recipes....and I thought,

"why not a cookie?"

But then I remembered that we had vanilla bean ice cream, so I thought,

"why not a pizookie?"

Do you like hearing these conversations I have in my head?

enough chit chat.

let's get on with the recipe, shall we?
Browned Butter Chocolate Chip Pizookie
makes 6-8 pizookies

1 1/2c flour
1/4 t baking soda
1/4 t salt
3/4 c brown sugar
1 stick butter, browned
1 egg
1 t vanilla (I used mexican vanilla in these...yum!)
3/4 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
chopped pecans

Mix flour, soda and salt. Set aside

To brown butter:
Heat pan on medium heat.
Cut butter in to pieces and melt in pan.
Stir continuously. Butter will foam up.
After foam subsides, small brown flecks will start to appear in bottom of pan.
Continue stirring, until butter has reached a nice brown color, and nutty aroma.
When you want to lick the spoon, you know it's ready.
Remove from heat--don't burn it!!

Add browned butter and sugar to stand mixer. Mix. (you will want to eat this up!)
Mix in egg and vanilla.
Slowly mix in flour mixture.
Mix in chocolate chips.

Scoop dough into individual ramekins. Sprinkle some pecans on top (they get all toasty in the oven!)

Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes....remember you want the edges set, and the center nice and gooey!

Top with your favorite vanilla icecream.....and enjoy!


15 comments:

banananutmeg said...

that's what I'm talking about, baby.
THOSE are cookies.

Nicole said...

yum... love the photo.

Shannon said...

That sounds so good. I am going to have to make that. I love browned butter too.

Kasey said...

Too cute! I would love to make this for dessert when I have a bunch of girlfriends over for dinner :)

gram said...

Sheena,,, do you need more vanilla?.. white or brown?

Hayley said...

smacking my lips.

Taylor said...

probably a dumb question but....what is a pizookie???

sheena said...

taylor: it's a hot gooey cookie with icecream! (sometimes baked on a pizza pan.....so pizza + cookie = pizookie:)

mommyholly said...

omg, those look oh-so-tasty!! :) now i need to run down to buy chocolate chips because i must make these tonight. yum! xo! -Holly

Taylor said...

oh my gosh...that's my kind of dessert!!

Unknown said...

i love browned butter!
i accidentally browned the butter when i was making rice crisy treats. and, it made them taste soo good!

Unknown said...

those are so cute! And the perfect size!

Brooke said...

Okay, I just made these and all I have to say is YUM, YUM, and YUM!!!

Thanks for the recipe! It was just what I needed :)

P.S. I love your blog!

Xiaolu said...

I just made and posted about these and they are SO AMAZING! Thanks so much for the recipe and gorgeous photo (never hurts for inspiration)!

Julianne Blanch said...

Thank you for all the yummy browned butter recipes. Here's a really delicious one I like with browned butter frosting.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Frosted-Cranberry-Drop-Cookies/Detail.aspx?src=etaf