Thursday, March 11, 2010

spring cleaning

I am not one of those people who just loves to clean.....I really struggle through every second of it. But I do enjoy a freshly aired out, every-thing-has-a-place home, especially this time of year, and I'm trying my best to tidy up. I should really spend some time on our laundry room/cave of wonders. yikes.

Unfortunately my thoughts are usually untidy and all over the place as well, and here's what's been running through my head these past few days:

Thank you, again, and again, and again for all your comments and emails on Lyme. I really appreciate everything, and I'm trying my best to get back to each and every one of you!!

My terrariums are doing well!! And by doing well, I mean not dead. I am really so surprised!! And the moss is actually growing too--I am so excited!

Lauren was kind enough to feature my terarium how-to on her cutest terrarium blog--check it out for sure!

I have a formspring. Have you heard of this?? It is saving me. I get emails each week asking me questions (mostly photography/equipment related). And I spend so much time emailing back. Now all my questions and answers are kept nice and organized in one little space for you to read through, and ask anything else you might ever need to know! (ask here)

I am so happy I re-found this photo. I had saved it when I was looking for vintage swimsuits. Is it just me, or is she being kidnapped?

Charly is shedding. It is out of control. I am vacuuming a bazillion times a day. Robby even vacuumed HER.

We have decided as a couple that it is no longer worth our time/effort to watch American Idol. It has been entertaining the last few years.....but as of last week we decided that it was just really embarrassing. I don't even know what to do with those extra hours of my life!

These days I am really enjoying Burt's Bees Poor Refining Mask. It smells like dirt and mint (I love it). I have no idea if it's doing anything, but it's green, and the children call me "The Hulk" and I chase them around making Hulk-like noises. I recommend it.

Remember getting Easter dresses when you were little? Why does that stop happening? I'm really in love with this dress. Can we all pitch in a few dollars and share it?

What are these? They are thin mints in the making. I have no idea why I made thin mints, except that I was angry with the girl scouts for disappointing me with their cookies. (I'll post the recipe on Friday)

brain organized. phew.


16 comments:

Heather said...

What??! Those terrariums are the coolest things I've ever seen! I'm going to post about them too, if that's ok.

Also, can I make some, just like yours?

ali said...

sure. I would love to pitch in on the dress and share it with you. But what would my other leg wear?

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog (I don't remember where) but I'm really loving it. Looking forward to more thin mint information!

evelania said...

Wait, what did the girl scouts do to disappoint you with their cookies? I missed/forgot about that blog post...

Shannon said...

I love all the random thoughts. Glad the terrariums are surviving! That's exciting. I will have to give the Burt's Bee mask a try. Weston is always needing a villian to fight. :) As for the bathing suit picture . . . definitely creepy. Can't wait to get the recipe for the thin mints! I have decided that I like Keebler Grasshopper's better than actual Girl Scout Thin Mints. Especially for the price. But homemade are probably even better!

Nellie and Jason said...

ok so i tried those choc chip cookies from your last post, and they were AMAZING!!! But...mine came out flat as pancakes. Actually, probably flatter...any ideas??

Katie said...

love thin mints and can't wait for the recipe! i am also loving the terrariums because in a little apartment complex we can't garden. so let's bring the garden in! i might have to make some soon.

Kaylynn said...

I'm glad someone else feels the same way I do about the GIRL SCOUT COOKIES - I order the Samoas every year - yes I know they are the worst ones for you - but I look forward to them every year. This year i don't think they even had any caramel in them. It was missing. I mean I know everyone is trying to save money - but when you start skimping on girl scout cookies - that is just WRONG!

Amie said...

Hi! I too am shocked about terrariums...I bought one from etsy a while back and can't believe it's still alive! It went through it's unfortunate bout of mold but I just plucked it out with chopsticks and all is well again.

Love your blog, thanks for the stories! (and sorry about the Lyme disease..that sucks :/)

carmentia said...

love the innocence of your posts. It always makes me smile. Thank you. And I'm with you on American Idol. I quit watching this season around last week. sigh. and i love your photographs- the terraniums, the seeds that were planted y'day. everything!

Lauren said...

thin mints in the making? ah-mazing.

Anonymous said...

I've been doing a spring cleaning thing on my blog lately too because I'm HORRIBLE at getting things done, so I figured if I make my list public I might actually get somewhere this month!

I'm totally with you on American Idol this year. It doesn't help that it requires five whole hours of devotion a week. I'm just not able to sit still that long. Sheesh.

Jill K said...

I wish we were neighbors so I could steal your cookies as they cooled on the window sill.

you DO cool your cookies on your window sill, right?

Is it even called a window sill?

summer said...

easter dresses! let's bring them back. for big girls.

Daisy said...

Can't wait for the cookie recipe :) Looks great!

The Fredy Family said...

so over AI.