Wednesday, March 10, 2010

these are for you

Yes. These cookies are for you! (virtually speaking of course, since they were made last week and have long since been shared and eaten). But I really want to thank you.
And you, and you....and....YOU!
All of you!
Thank so so much for all your emails and comments on yesterdays post! (still going through them!) And also HUGE thankyous to those of you who blogged, facebooked, tweeted and retweeted my little plea for help!
(and sorry that I ever made fun of twitter.....boy does word spread quickly on that thing! I am now a believer.)

I really wish I could send these to everyone....the best I can do is share the recipe....

I should first say that every single time I make chocolate chip cookies, I change up the recipe....always looking for that "perfect" cookie. I was really really happy with the results this time around....the only thing I think I would change next time is using chocolate chunks instead of chocolate chips.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
(adapted from Ashley's recipe)

2 sticks of butter (1c), at room temp
1/2 c white sugar
1 3/4 c brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 c all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 lb chocolate chips/chunks

Cream the butter and the sugars until light. Scrape down the side of the bowl. Continue mixing while adding the eggs one at time. Make sure each egg is incorporated before adding the next. Add the vanilla. Scrape down the bowl with a spatula. Combine the flour, soda and salt in another bowl. With a whisk, stir to combine. With the machine on low, slowly add the flour. Mix until just combined, taking care not to over mix. With a spatula fold in the chocolate.

Drop by spoonful onto parchment lined cookie sheet.

Give a little sprinkle of sea salt before you pop them in the oven......PERFECTION!

Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes. They should be lightly golden on the outside but still look gooey on the inside.

thank you guys so much! Enjoy!!

psssssst! don't forget--the giveaway ends tonight!!

15 comments:

the crew said...

thanks for the recipe- they look delicious!

i just wanted to say that i am hoping and praying you will find the answers that will help you-and i too admire your attitude. i don't have any info to add, just hope and "blog world" support to offer!

gram said...

I sometimes put oatmeal(maybe a half cup.. ground into a flour in my little 'Kitchen-aid').. adds some fiber... adjust the flour. These look yummy..

Clandestine Road said...

These look amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica F said...

These look SO good! The recipe looks really familiar to my mom in law's recipe actually. Anything with 2 sticks of butter and sugar and a whole pound of chocolate chips must be amazing :) Thanks for sharing!

Wendy said...

How would you describe the end result? Since everyone's "perfect cookie" is different - I'd love to know! :)

Unknown said...

This recipe sounds delicious and the pictures look tasty! I'd love to try this recipe but I need a little bit of clarification. Could you define "2 sticks of butter"? How many cups are these sticks? I buy my butter in 1lb bricks. Thanks!

sheena said...

Wendy--the outsides have just the right amount of "crisp", they are nice and chewy with soft centers: )

sheena said...

sarah: 2 sticks = 1cup

melissa said...

hmmm, thanks for the recipe and all but at the moment i'd rather have an ACTUAL cookie. thanks.

ps isn't lyme supposed to drain your energy? i've wondered that several times as you post about your projects, which are awesome, which you do with two little kids at your feet, which would be hard enough anyway, and staying positive is probably sometimes a challenge, and i think i like your attitude. so no big deal, i guess, about the cookie.

summer said...

yu-hum. chocolate chip cookies never ever get old for me. thank you, sheena!

merideth said...

i am a cookie lover (monster)... or whatever you want to call it. these look so yummy.

Anonymous said...

Those looks completely delicious. Am thinking a batch is in order sooner rather than later.

Memória said...

I love the color of the cookies. They look so thicky and chewy.

hrh said...

I've made these twice since I found this post on foodgawker. Thanks for the recipe!

nicole said...

delish...although next time i will try chunks too and fewer bits of chocolate. thanks for the recipe.