Friday, September 3, 2010

her turn.

She has waited and waited and WAITED for her turn at school.

I have been ok with the wait.

It's so funny how your second seems so much younger than your first was at the very same age.
that was a really long sentence.

She just looked so teeny tiny in her big girl bed last night....I couldn't believe I was really sending her off to preschool! My baby!
lusleep copy

She is probably one if the silliest girls you will ever meet.

Really.

But she is very attached to her mama (and I love every second) and can get a bit nervous in new situations.

So I was nervous.
Stomach-churning-and-giant-lump-in-throat-nervous.
All morning.

How would she do?

I'll tell you.

She took the teacher's hand, and marched right into the school.

No hesitation at all, just like big brother.

How are my kids so brave? Where do I learn to do that?

Who wants to go get brunch and/or cupcakes twice a week when they are both away??

Sometimes food is a good substitute for bravery....don't you think?

blog1

lu3
blog2


a three year olds first day of school playlist (all her choice:)

-Your Hands by JJ Heller
-All the Pretty Girls by Fun
-Lollipop by Ben Kweller
-Don't Stop Believe'n by the Glee Cast
-Young Folks (aka "the Whistle song":) by Peter Bjorn and John

26 comments:

sheena said...

can I comment on my own post??

I'm sorry, but her faces crack me up.

Lillie said...

I was just about to comment on her smile, and then saw your comment--- I scrolled below to the polaroid and realized that is her darling signature smile! I love it! She's so dang cute. Good luck mama.

cara lou said...

Oh my gosh, Sheena, she looks just like you (you know, if you were making silly faces, too). And Jonah looks just like Robby. You guys are like a perfect cartoon family. Too adorable to be real.

judi said...

Love that sappy smile! Happy day to my big brave girl! (both of you)

Natalie said...

Oh my! That FACE! Priceless.

And yes, cupcakes are a perfectly valid substitute for bravery. Especially if they are lemon cupcakes.

tanalicious said...

mmm.. cupcakes.

she is so cute! i love all her faces. what are you going to do with yourself in all of your FREE TIME!!!

i'd love to get cupcakes....

melissa said...

hands. in. pockets.

summer said...

i LOVE..
her playlist (great idea).
that you commented!
the outfit. (pink shoes!)
& her charming little grin.

The Rowley's said...

she looks so much like you Sheena! And she is so dang cute!

Marcina said...

I have to agree -- she is YOU!!! Such a cute little girl :)

AllAmericanGrl said...

she is sooooo adorable! she is like a mini YOU!! I love it!!!! :)

Joyti said...

Awww, she is so cute. And little :)

Tara said...

I love these pictures, so her!! Her hair looks so cute, too. Happy for her, Jarom can't wait for the day.

Brinn said...

she is adorable, love how her personality oozes through the photos!

Nathan Williams said...

such a cute little girl!!

carol said...

lovely pictures! love her faces... such a cutie:)

AmyK said...

So cute. I have a soft spot in my heart for little blonde girls :)

(though it might not be a soft spot--it might be a flat-out bias)

AllAmericanGrl said...

have you not posted since last Friday or did you change your page and I didn't know that??? just making sure things are okay at your end!! its been awhile! :(

vibekehoie.no said...

how lovely!!

Heather said...

She looks really ready to go! Hope she has a great first day

Teachinfourth said...

The expressions say it all!

Tonya Gunn said...

She is adorable.
Warm wishes for a great school year.

penandview said...

what beautiful pictures of her! She is absolutely adorable. Saw her playlist at the end too. JJ Heller was my student when I was an English teacher way back when. She is a sweet gal and it is so amazing to see her name all over the globe. Love her.

Unknown said...

Hope she's having fun! :)

Great playlist.

JMay said...

omg, she is seriously one of the cutest little girls EVER.

You are blessed!

Whitney Lane said...

just found your blog through summer harms and looooove it!!! can't wait to read more!!!