Tuesday, September 14, 2010

last hurrah

The Beach House.
It's the official goodbye to our summer every year.
Did I just say "goodbye", and "summer" in one sentence?
ouch.
I'm still struggling.

But this is the perfect send off--a few days on the beach with cousins (we're up to 13!), where we do nothing but play in the sun (or snuggle in sweatshirts driking hot cocoa, if that is what Mother Nature has in store for us)....but we'll take it.

we also:

-played with cousins (ie: wrestling, sand castle building, digging, sand fighting with uncles, light-sabering, dance partying, etc)
-ate, all day, and really late into the night
-chased waves (and of course they chased us back)
-collected [mostly dead] [but still fun] sea life.
-ate, lots of peanut M&Ms, brownies, and ice cream
-played games. note: Cranium gets even BETTER the closer you get to 2am
-started lots of new inside jokes (granola, wink;)
-had quite the costume party, which you will for sure be hearing about soon
-thrifted
-experienced my first olive oil tasting and I highly recommend it (even got to try white peach vinegar!!)
-had an intense game of frisbee that may or may not have ended with my foot sustaining injuries caused by uncut toenails of someone I know:)
-took lots of dorky jumping pictures, because, why not. (ps have you ever noticed it is impossible to jump without opening your mouth?)
-ate. felt nauseous. repeat.
-watched our own private dolphin shows!
-had some really good too-late-at-night-laughter-that-brings-tears sessions.

note: that dead, and always growing pile of sea life started to get STANKY.
note: I keep finding sand scattered around the house....and maybe I like it
note: I may have filmed a bit. a teeny bit. and if I ever get my life put semi-back together, maybe you'll see it.....for now, here's a few photos...

IMG_3379-76 copy
sealife
starfishjo
crab
suebeach
mesue
bwbeach
us7
daddysue copy
jump!
IMG_3352-65 copy
rocks
starfish

can't wait for next year!

14 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks like the perfect beach house/holiday, Sheena.
I don't want to say goodbye either. I feel like summer only just started in Vancouver!

AllAmericanGrl said...

yay your back! glad you had a great trip at the beach!! beautiful photos as usual :)

btw - summer isn't offically over .. next Wednesday it will be ;) so you still have time to finish off the last days of Summer!

Zelda was a writer said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG!
:D
baci from Italy
Camilla

gram said...

.. the little boy looks like a natural born beach bum! ...and where did the lobster come from??

LMB said...

oh wow- these are stunning. I love the one of your son holding the starfish.

From Me To You said...

Oh my gosh, this is so beautiful! I love how artistic yet incredible personal these feel. You are amazing & I am inspired.

Mommy Sauri~ said...

Do you two little ladies have matching suits?? Great pictures. How great this trip to the beach sounds. Love your blog

Moments and Impressions said...

what a great way to say goodbye to summer!

Tara said...

I love both of those starfish pictures. And the beach ball ones! You are so cute and tiny, I would scare everyone jumping around in a swimsuit like that. ;)
Ok, can't wait to see costume pics!

Jeana Bird said...

These pictures make me feel like I can smell the beach and feel the wind on my face. Beautiful! I also LOVE your family pictures...so so pretty! PS If I could have anyone's hair it would be yours. I LOVE it!

Heather said...

Looks like the perfect end to summer, and a lot of ocean treasures that were found.

banananutmeg said...

I heart your swimsuit.
Can't wait for the costume pics. It's one of my favorite posts every year!

Unknown said...

Wonderful summer images!
Fool of light and flightiness!

Teachinfourth said...

I love these shots, especially your son with the starfish. This looks like it was a great way to bid farewell to summer...