Monday, February 7, 2011

over the weekend.....

We Robby watched the Super Bowl. I attempted pre-game and half time and just ended up feeling embarrassed for Christina Aguilera and the Black Eyed Peas. yikes.
But I did eat my fair share of guacamole.
I made more granola.....we cannot get enough. 
We fished the BFG, which is even more fun to read when you are an adult. Brilliant.
We made this soup which is insaaaaaaaanely delicious. I thought there'd be leftovers and we ate every last drop.
I went thrifting, on a Saturday afternoon, which I rarely do because that's when all the crazy stinky people are out. Crazy. Stinky. It's gross.....but worth it when I scored all these awesome gadgets!

guac copygranola copysoupinthekitchen copy

happy monday.

8 comments:

Derek Riley said...

wow! Great finds!

-Derek

whitneyingram said...

Yeah, great finds. I am having recipe ideas just looking at them and thinking about what they would look like in pictures. Like the masher with mashed potatoes. And that green fork! And the pink cake server! All of it- so great. Nice work.

Anonymous said...

I am seriously inspired to go thrifting. I am a total kitchen appliance/equipment junkie. Love your finds!

Brittany (http://bybrittany.org/blog)

Ellie said...

I really adore your blog! Such a wonderful balance of healthy food, sweets, cuteness and humor!

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Awesome finds!

Teachinfourth said...

Man but you were busy!

I don't know as if I'd attempt to make the soup myself, but I think I'd be willing to try it out sometime. Maybe I could get my sister to make it...

A Beautiful Life said...

cool kitchen utensils!
mmm, guacamole and butternut squash soup sound so good right now!
i was totally embarrassed for Christina Aguilera and sad that Fergie sounds HORRIBLE live...yikes.

jenniferhoiyin said...

have you been to emilie jayne in slc? they have the most incredible collection of kitchen stuffs. It'd be fun to kitchen utensil thrift together.. someday..