Monday, July 16, 2012

insta-weekend

Weekends just go too quickly! We spent ours in Park City (childless, thanks to grandma and papa) and it was realllllllly hard to leave. We don't "go out" a whole lot because we don't have a lot of babysitting options, so when the kids are away......we cram in as much as we can.
 Here are a few quick phone snaps of the festivities (all of which included eating and/or mountains.)
We ate at one of our favorite places for special occasions up there--The Riverhorse. We hadn't been a few years, and we enjoyed our amazing meal while listening to the live music and watching it pour outside.....it was perfect.
We got up early for a ride. I must say this whole "riding a bike thing" has been really fun......I just started last week and have since logged 58 miles......my qauds are still burning.....fun stuff. 
We devoured sushi (hey locals--half off rolls all summer!) and ice cream and walked the streets of Park City, hand in hand, because....why not.
We saw Moonrise Kingdom which I really truly believe to be one of the best films ever. EVER. It was so wonderfully and brilliantly artistic, and I really appreciated all of the detail and subtle humor. It was such a smart movie, and I recommend it, if that sounds like your kind of show.
We set out on a beautiful hike......"set out" being the key phrase, because we never actually made it to our destination. We ended up in Urgent Care instead. 
You know, because we are so extreme and hardcore and adventurous. 
Well.....actually, because Robby has some crazy feet with nuts and screws and bolts rattling around inside, and his toe just likes to causally dislocate every now and then. 
When we are deep in the forrest. Next to a moose. No big deal. 
It's a funny story (now that it's over), and I will share it later, just for kicks.
.......
 1123257811910
All I can say is, going out on dates is my very favorite thing.

How was your weekend?

13 comments:

Kaitlyn Luce said...

That sounds perfect! And that ice cream and sushi look fantastic!

austin-sara.blogspot.com said...

you guys are so cute :) AND your hair is amazing, so glad you decided to grow it out

in dreams said...

a moose!! yes, there needs to be a story posted about that... :)

also, i hope robbie's ok!! that must have sucked, but at least it wasn't something new for you guys, right? you were prepared in case of emergency! haha.

that sushi, btw, looks AMAZING. yummmm. i just ate, but now i'm wanting sushi...!

Kirstin said...

Dates are the greatest! Glad you got to enjoy your weekend :)

Laura said...

Aaaah, the suspense!! Can't wait to hear what happened out there! LOVE the pictures and so envious of the date adventures. Me and my husband would double date with you guys anytime. =)

ali said...

you should always have long hair. the end.

Unknown said...

first of all you guys look like a bunch of 70s babes in that first pic! then i love all these eating dates-when we go out its all about trying something new. glad you got to have some alone time-now that the lyme is in the clear and all right??! :)

mimi charmante said...

I truly believe that there is nothing better for your family than nurturing your marriage. I absolutely ADORE date days with my husband- and when we are able to travel together- even more divine. It looks like the two of you had a wonderful time and I am sure the kids see the joy you return home with~
xx

Rachelle said...

i love you two and your long hair. so glad you got to celebrate 10 years. :)

Courtney said...

You are so cute and your hair is absolutely amazing! Sounds like a wonderful weekend. My husband and I are going to Salt Lake this weekend to celebrate our 4th anniversary and now you have me even more excited about it!!

Hayley said...

cute as always! and yes your hair is looking amazing.

coming to utah in like 2 weeks. wanna hang? i'll have my people call your people. (aka: easy call robby).

Rachael said...

That sounds like a great weekend.
I love your photos though, they always are a highlight of your blog for me.
And I always love pictures of the mountains. It's always so pretty where you live.
And I'm going to have to check out that movie!

Kasey said...

Looks like so much fun!
I have been dying to see Moonrise Kingdom and it finally arrived in our area (the sticks) this week. Thanks for the review!