Thursday, September 5, 2013

last hurrah

oh summer.
it's that time of year again, isn't it?
the time we have to say goodbye.
siiiiiiigghhhhh.
goodbyes are so hard sometimes. 
Monday we loaded up the packs with snacks and swimsuits and headed for the hills.
Fall will bring us all kinds of adventures, but I knew this would be our last one that felt like summer....
....and summer adventures are my favorite.
I felt like we needed to give summer a proper send off.....
mountain air, soft pine trails, and freeeeeeeeeezing cold lakes. 
we finished off the evening with burgers and called it a pretty good day.
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.comwww.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com

goodbye summer......until next year.




pssssst......did you get your copy of  The Family Flavor??? 
It's 1/2 price right now!
 Check it out HERE. 
more book talk next week!
also: many of you that ordered the first day will be getting your copy today!! We hope you love it (we think you will), and if you do could you take a minute to leave us a review on Amazon? It will help spread the word. Thanks so much xoxo

5 comments:

Sara Zahn said...

I know you have info on your beautiful picture taking on a specific part of your blog, but I am going to be annoying and ask, what lens are you using for these photos? I like to bring along my 50mm when I go hiking, but I can never get in the views that I would like.

Thanks!
Sara Z.

sheena said...

Hey Sara! These were all taken on my 28-70!

Nicki Woo said...

Your pictures are so gorgeous. I always enjoy viewing them on your blog and on instagram. I just wanted you to know that you have inspired me to start taking my camera with me more often (my real camera and my iphone) and photograph my kids and family at our sporting events. We don't have the beautiful mountains and trails that you have, but I'm betting I can find the beauty in our lives too. Thank you so much for giving me that:)

Ashley said...

These photos...truly breathtaking. Your kiddos are going to be so grateful to have these when they are older! Definitely will be reviewing the book as soon as it gets here!! xo

purdywords said...

I just ordered the cookbook through Amazon and I can't wait to have it in hand! (And I ordered one for my BFF's birthday, too!)

BTW, your family photos are always so beautiful. Do you use a tripod and self-photo or do you find another adventurer to snap the photos for you?