Monday, January 31, 2011

over the weekend...

.....we found out when you add a few baby beets to your winter veggie soup (beets + butternut squash+potatoes +turnips +carrots +collard greens + tomatoes+ homemade chicken stock + white beans+onion+LOTS of garlic + favorite herbs in any combo-rosemary, thyme, oregano, parsley, basil, anything goes).....it turns your soup purpley pink and it becomes a new kid favorite. 

We ate (brownie sunday) and then drank (hot chocolate, seriously, hot, melted chocolate) ourselves silly at Hatch Family Chocolates. 

We attempted to run, and almost died because of this terrible air....come on Utah, this is gross. 

We got caught up on our favorite shows....thank goodness Leslie Knope is back in my life.

breadrunruitardoughnaaneggsoup

the end.

14 comments:

Unknown said...

will be trying out said soup for the little ones (who are not so little...they're getting taller than me.) this week. I've never had fresh beets. My mom would force the canned ones on us when I was growing up. Ew. Let me try your recipe, I may have a new appreciation for that dreaded veggie.
Cheers!

Derek Riley said...

YES! Parks and Rec is my favorite show on TV.

kate said...

1. that soup looks DELISH! mmm
2. just recently fell in love with miss Leslie Knopp, actually more so on the boy who's falling for her and Ann Perkins. but still, great show.

kayla said...

you know where the air is ALWAYS fresh and great for running? hint hint

Harris Family said...

I love hatch chocolates- did you try the apricot dark chocolate?? if not you have to go back its amazing!

Tara said...

That soup smelled soo delicious. I seriously drove away thinking, "what is she putting in her soup to make it smell THAT good?" I thought LOTS of garlic might have had something to do with it. :)
Leslie Knope is our friend, too. And we love Tom. Also, have you watched the Office lately? It's pretty funny again.

Brittany said...

I always love your photos. That soup sounds so so good--and I don't even like beets!

So glad you had a good weekend.

Rachael said...

Um, Brownies, AND Hot Chocolate?!...I hate you. ;)
Curious to know how Utah's air is so bad.

Brittany said...

lovely post and lovely everything! i love your blog! :)

Kaitlyn Luce said...

Love your photos! I've shamelessly been reading every single one of your posts over the past few days. Is that bad? Nooo...! I am really loving your blog! :-)

Ryan Southwell said...

Favorite shots: Rob on guitar. I want to hear what he's playing!
The bowl of soup. That looks tasty.

Hannah Mayo said...

I love these photos- so real and beautiful.

the southern hostess said...

Beautiful photos.

kassidi bridge said...

The question is...milk or dark hot chocolate? Once you go dark you'll never go back. And, YES. Thank GOODNESS for Leslie Knope. Cannot get enough.