Wednesday, January 26, 2011

winter wednesday

thanks everyone for all the fun birthday messages!!! 
I felt the cyber love all day--I wish we could all have one giant party!


Today's winter tip is something that I've been keeping to myself for a while.....but the time has come to share the news. 

The super duper exciting, screamed-when-I-found-out, delicious news. 

So far, this winter is flying by for me.....not dragging out like in past winters.

I have something I've been working on, something to think about throughout the day, and well into the night.

Winter Survival Tip #4: 
get lost in a project. 

Something to occupy your thoughts, and keep you busy when the days are long and dark, and the sun is refusing to shine.

So what's MY project? 

this.
cookbook

A cookbook. 

Let me rephrase that--A COOKBOOK!!!

Yes!! My dreams are coming true.

Some of you may know Whitney from her former blog (that is currently on hiatus but will soon be brought back to sweet delicious life), but if you don't know her--let me tell you--
this girl can cook!

So we are teaming up--her recipes + my photos.....and our official start is today. 

TODAY!!! 

I will (of course) be documenting the process along the way--it's going to be a party, I am sure of it, and you will want to see it.

So while it may be cold outside--I'm painting pictures 
in my head of gorgeous summer produce, 
and dreaming of Whitney's tasty creations--take that winter.


happy wintering! 

20 comments:

Linz said...

Yay Sheena! I cannot wait to purchase this little number! I am a cookbookaholic! So exciting!! Congrats!

Jackie Norris said...

That's awesome! Can't think of anyone better to do it. I'm excited to hear all the updates!

Jill said...

Oooo! A cookbook! What a perfect project for you...hope it makes the dreaded winter months pass more quickly :)

Kim_Hawk said...

I will definitely be buying it! That's awesome news!

Barb said...

I just stumbled across your blog and love your writing style! I can't wait to read more! I gave you a blogging award on my site today - to accept the award go here...

http://www.the-mom-blog.com/2011/01/pass-it-on-blogger-award.html

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! This is so exciting!


(and also a great tip! I need a project :P)

whitneyingram said...

You are right, get lost in a project. That is the solution. I didn't think of it until you just said it. My head and my notebook are filled with ideas all day long.

I just have a giant grin on my face. And I am so glad you are all in. So glad.

gram said...

wishing you a 'good start' to your project!

gina said...

Yeah! I've been a huge fan of Whitney's recipes for a long time. I'm excited to see the finished product. Have fun on your journey together!!!

in dreams said...

i can't believe i missed wishing you happy birthday! so, happy belated, i guess...! :D

also, OMG how exciting is making all that food gonna be?? YUM. i totally can't wait for the book to come out (i'm so glad you're doing it too, for the sake of my macbook...it's starting to get a bit mucky here in the kitchen all the time!). :) hooray!

Rebecca Jane said...

Ahh! I can't wait to see it! This is SO exciting!:)

Liz said...

Sheena! This is awesome! I can't wait to see the finished product. Please, please keep us posted with lots of your beautiful pictures ;) Congrats! What a wonderful opportunity!

P.S. Definitely a great idea to get through winter. I live in the land of lake effect snow and winter is my time to work on tons of projects. It makes time fly.

Rachael said...

Congrats on your cookbook! Awesome! Can't wait to see it!!

summer said...

SHEENA!
ahhhh!!!!

Charlotte said...

oooh Congratulations!!! That IS very exciting news!

Anna said...

What a great project! Congrats! I can't wait to see it. I have always thought that your photos of food were amazing!

Emily Voigtlander said...

Fabulous! What a wonderful project! I can't wait to see the end result and I'm sure the anecdotes along the way will be great! Good luck!

carol said...

This is awesome! I can't wait to see more:)

And, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Late, very late, I know. But better late than never, right?
Hope your day was gorgeous and full of cake -- hehe:)

Morgan said...

SO exciting! Between your gorgeous pictures and Whitney's fantastic recipes, this cookbook is bound to be AMAZING!

connie said...

Congrats on your project in which your photos will be featured in a cookbook. How awesome is that?!?! I love cookbooks :-)