Thursday, November 15, 2012

guilty pleasures.......

We all have them. 
Things we really, thoroughly, 100% enjoy......and maybe shouldn't.....or at least maybe we shouldn't tell people about them....

Today I am thankful for guilty pleasures. 
Simple little things that just make life better.
www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com 
-spoonful (after spoonful) of peanut butter with chocolate chips. Usually sometime around 4:00 is when this needs to happen.
-Taylor Swift. I know I know. How does this stuff happen? But boy oh boy are those songs adorably upbeat and catchy.
-Schmidt. Do you watch New Girl? It is the highlight of my week. I am an old tired mom and really have no reason to be watching a show about hip single people. I started watching it because I like Zooey Deschanel (who doesn't), but I come back every week for more Schmidt. Funniest character....ever.
-Naps. I really love me a good afternoon nap. Passed out, drooling, afternoon nap.
-Wearing a hat so I don't have to wash my hair. several days in a row. thank you winter weather.

What are YOUR guilty pleasures.....play along!

happy weekend.

13 comments:

brooke kathryn said...

hmm, my guilty pleasures:
-movie theater popcorn with milk duds
-zumba class, because I love to dance and shake, but its not quite appropriate to 'club' when your married.
-blogging

whitneyingram said...

- afternoon naps when I should be making dinner or folding laundry.
- spoonfuls of half and half Nutella and peanut butter.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
- Essie nail polish.
- Fancy water bottles.
- Expensive car washes.

eden greer said...

-playing video games with my husband
- cup of hot chocolate with a mountain of whipped cream, I mean more WC than cocoa.
- naps
- boyz II men
- psych on Netflix

Shannon said...

Watching Once Upon a Time all by myself with a handful of M&M's.

Car dancing and singing along to "Shoop" by Salt & Peppa (alone, of course!).

Staying up way past my bedtime talking in bed with my husband.

Online shopping.

Josie said...

no chip manicures
tickets to taylor swifts with 2 friends (we are 33)
christmas music 24/7
homemade hot chocolate & chex mix

Sarah Beth said...

Does Robbie ever get the Mansies? Are you the Alpha woman?

Chex Mix (The homemade kind)
Friday Night Lights on Netflix
Watching New Girl reruns on Hulu (Why oh why did they take away season 1)
Call me Maybe
Pizza Sundays

the southern hostess said...

Yes! Schmidt is my favorite! I'm also a closet Taylor fan.

Sara said...

How funny...I also do the peanut butter with chocolate chip things! so delicious...and I may or may not go back for seconds sometimes :)

Other guilty pleasures:
-Jersey Shore, Real Housewives, and other awful shows (eek...ha)
-drinking wine while taking a long bath (I think any mama deserves that after a long day with the babe)
-chick flicks galore

Unknown said...

i love schmidt too! so funny.

Slightly Epicurean said...

Double Chocolate Ice Blended from The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Bubble Milk Tea with Pearls and Massages!

Angela said...

I always thought I was the only one who did this!! My husband always makes fun of my PB spoons. I mix honey in my PB with my finger (gross) and then cover it in chocolate chips.

Anonymous said...

Schmidty for sure.
As well as nutbutter by the spoonful...s.
Just laying in the sunshine - on the floor - with furry littles.
Nashville.
Nice to know I'm not the only gal wearing hats to avoid washing my hair. It's like all week sometimes.

kylie said...

... i think i'll take a spoonful now. grand idea!