Sunday, November 4, 2012

the november thanks project

There are so many things I just love about technology. I love how easy it is to stay connected to friends and family all over the world by just pushing a few buttons. I have family hundreds and hundreds of miles away and I can talk to them any time I like. We can send pictures back and forth in just a second. I am typing this very post while sitting on my couch--you could read it from your home, school, car, favorite park, favorite restaurant, the toilet (c'mon I know you're out there), or the comfort of your bed. We have televisions and computers that keep us up to date with what is happening in the world.
How lucky are we?!

There is so much information literally at our fingertips. This weekend I skipped town to spend some time with my sisters-in-law, and while I was away used my phone to talk to Robby back at home, send pictures to my kids, find the best restaurants to eat at, figure out where we were going, check-in for my flight, listen to music, and about one hundred other things. All from my phone......crazy.

I returned home to such a surprise--last week I invited to join me in my november thanks project and tag your instagram photos #novemberthanks to show off all you have to be thankful for. In just a few days I had hundreds of photos to look through--so much thankfulness! I am so excited that I was able to connect with people around the globe and see what they had to be thankful for in their lives.....which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. We all have so much. 

Here are just a few of my favorites from the last couple of days

www.inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
photos by:
@natmoser, @summerharms
@hancooper, @dearcaralou
@summerharms, @rachellewilliam
@_andrea_peterson_, @home_sweets
@twoforluck, @heatherlynnroberts


play along and tag your thankful photos #novemberthanks, I'll choose a few to show off each week. I'm so excited to see what you share!

What are you thankful for today?

4 comments:

Amanda Jane Jones said...

a lovely post. :) So much to be thankful for!

kylie said...

oh yay! i just love this! i am joining the hashtag party - i love this kind of stuff :) we're doing a #ttfallbucketlist on our traveling triplets blog and it's been fun!

you're always such a great source of inspiration. i went trail running this morning and kept thinking of you. i thought if i could get to that tree, i'll keep going. i had to stop to breathe a few times but i keep trying :)

Moments and Impressions said...

Just wanted to say thanks for doing this - I love thinking about the things to be thankful for... it puts me in the best frame of mind. So good for the soul.

Rachelle said...

thanks friend!

i've been loving this sweet little reminder each day on instagram as well.